Terrorism

stopwn1981

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

Isn't Jesus Fucking Christ a bit self indulgent?

I dunno. The gospels state that he preached giving up worldly posessions (although Paul the Apostle conveniently ignored this) and that the poor were blessed, but curiously he never once makes mention of slavery which was the widespread norm at the time.

31 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I dunno. The gospels state that he preached giving up worldly posessions (although Paul the Apostle conveniently ignored this) and that the poor were blessed, but curiously he never once makes mention of slavery which was the widespread norm at the time.

I liked the bit where he used his magic powers to feed everyone lots of fish and bread

14 hours ago, DeanoL said:

It seems hugely unlikely to me, just because of the difficulty of making it happen. Getting tickets, then getting through the searches on the gates (which are 'random' I'm sure, and Glastonbury is one of the whitest festivals in the world).

Of course, if they somehow did get in, Pyramid headliner is when you have most people grouped tightly together so the Radiohead fans are fine.

Why would they need tickets?

much easier to plant something as the festival is set up and leave it on a timer or use a mobile phone detonator.

or hijack one of the service vehicles who are on and off site all festival. ( what security are these subject to?)

that said I think the festival isn't a target and there is far more chance being killed crashing your car driving home after 5 days with no sleep than there is getting blown up by jihadi mcbangbang.

3 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Why would they need tickets?

much easier to plant something as the festival is set up and leave it on a timer or use a mobile phone detonator

Sorry that can't be easier at all, otherwise a lot more attacks would be done like that

Edited by Alcatraz

Just now, Alcatraz said:

Sorry that can't be easy at all. What terrorist attack on the west has been done like that in the last 15 years?

I'm merely highlighting that they don't need tickets.

pretty much every IED from Northern Ireland to Iraq and Afghanistan is planted first on either a timer, a remote or a command wire.

10 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Yes I don't believe they would target Glastonbury but what do I know? More likely in city centres (Manchester/London again/airports). Which is horrible to think about but what can we do, stay indoors all day?

The only thing that came close to a terror attack in Manchester was a student who was drunk & high and reported a weird package at the a Christmas market to the police. They shut down the whole market and it turned out that it was nothing. The reaction time of the police was great and if something real happened, I'm sure security at Glastonbury will be trained for it, especially in this climate of terror attacks.

11 minutes ago, weirdforces said:

The only thing that came close to a terror attack in Manchester was a student who was drunk & high and reported a weird package at the a Christmas market to the police. They shut down the whole market and it turned out that it was nothing. The reaction time of the police was great and if something real happened, I'm sure security at Glastonbury will be trained for it, especially in this climate of terror attacks.

The 200 people injured in 1996 may disagree with this statement.

My wife was an RAF brat and grew up with the normality of her dad checking under their car every time they used it.

i spent 6 months in Belfast in the late '90's and 90% of what went on over wasn't reported by the news here, 2 of my friends were in Omagh half an hour before the bomb went off and I saw 1st hand the after affects of that, horrific doesn't come close!

3 hours ago, Smeble said:

I'm merely highlighting that they don't need tickets.

pretty much every IED from Northern Ireland to Iraq and Afghanistan is planted first on either a timer, a remote or a command wire.

Hmmmm. .... you're probbly right, but the current trend in terror attacks seems to be for suicide bombers or gunmen rather than devices.  That said, I can't see them going to all the trouble of getting tickets etc

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 5:05 PM, Tom Wells said:

I feel everyone's being a bit to harsh on the guy that started the thread.
Terrorism at Glastonbury isn't something ANY of us want to think about, but truth be told, it is at a fair risk, being an event with a couple of hundred thousand people at. Not to mention the fact that it's televised across the globe. There is something to be concerned about.

However, it isn't so much for us to be concerned about. GFL have probably had meetings and discussions with security, and maybe even the government about the threat. We have to trust in those people that do this sort of thing for a living so we can be happy and unharmed.
Let's all just try to put it at the back of our minds, as it's more likely you'll die from slipping over cow shit at Glastonbury, than being killed by a terrorist organisation.

Chill, dudes.

Its definitely discussed and has been for years. They are prepared for anything including a dirty bomb scenario. They have portable radioactive showers, etc. They have almost a full field hospital ( I say almost because when I broke my arm in 2014 they Xrayed it on site but said they would have to fly me out if I needed emergency surgery) How do I know this ? Full Oxfam stewards training about 8 years ago. The trainer told us a LOT including all of the above. I've also worked in the Gold and Silver Command room and its like something out of James Bond. Loads of huge screens, cameras all over the site. It is VERY impressive when you see this stuff up close and see how tightly organised our little party is. Security and safety is absolutely paramount and we are probably a lot safer at the festival than most other public events.

12 hours ago, Woffy said:

With absolutely no thought given whatsoever to the allergic and wheat intolerant. Silly Jesus.

Its ok, i heard he went to Waitrose when a few start complaining about the lack of suitable options.

15 minutes ago, Tom Wells said:

Really? That camera thing is impressive- I have genuinely NEVER noticed any aside from the BBC ones! I feel like I'm gonna look out for them now.

Shame that they don't use it for a laugh and release a compilation video of people falling over and stuff each year! haha

Yeah the invasion of privacy should be furthered by the govt releasing it all publicly for everyone to watch and make a joke of ;)

32 minutes ago, Tom Wells said:

Wouldn't you love to be able to see some of the weird shit you've seen again? :P

Not at the cost of liberty and that 'weird shit' not happening again cause everyone is too scared they are going to end up on YouTube and then a shitty regular tv, pretending it understands Kids and the internet, No.

Edited by LondonTom

31 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

Not at the cost of liberty and that 'weird shit' not happening again cause everyone is too scared they are going to end up on YouTube and then a shitty regular tv, pretending it understands Kids and the internet, No.

That's already happened, what with everyone carrying around a little camcorder in their pockets.