Terrorism

stopwn1981

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

If there had been three or four major festival stages catching fire around Europe in the last year, it would have probably got its own thread.

Proper risk assessments don't work on 'recent' events. They're based on likelihood v frequency specific to the activity / task involved. There's a subtle difference. The risk is then mitigated proportionally until it is As Low As Readonably Practical in accordance with ERICPD, the hierarchy of risk.

Fuck me, H&S is boring.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It's a perfectly reasonable response because it's a ridiculously alarmist thread that may worry people unduly. Terrorism does exist but you'd be as well posting a thread saying 'going out of the house this morning? Should I be worried?'.

Careful, you'll get downvoted for being sensible!

17 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

The organisers will obviously have considered the possibility, the same way they're no doubt considered the possibility of the Pyramid catching fire. Both are equally as unlikely, the latter isn't worthy of its own thread and I don't consider the former to be either. 

Most things on here are 'not worth their own thread', but they are afforded one because someone thought it was worth it. Join in if you like, ignore if you like...simple.

3 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Most things on here are 'not worth their own thread', but they are afforded one because someone thought it was worth it. Join in if you like, ignore if you like...simple.

The Not Worth It's Own Thread Thread.

2 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

That's not how it works, join in if you like it or not. If you post a thread you have to prepared to deal with criticism of it.

3 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

That's not how it works, join in if you like it or not. If you post a thread you have to prepared to deal with criticism of it.

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

The Come And Have A Go If You Think Yer 'Ard Enough Thread.

It seems that is what down voting is all about ;)

Disagree with me and I will down vote you (thread)

I think it's highly likely that most people going to Glastonbury have at least considered it. I found myself in Disneyland on New Year's Eve and the same thoughts crossed my mind. It didn't stop me going and won't stop me going to Glastonbury either.

I'm also going to New York. There was an article recently stating that ISIS supporters want terror attacks in the UK more than any other country and in second place was America. I can't help but think that I'll be in Gatwick, JFK, up the Empire State Building etc at a time where such locations are obvious targets, however it's a dream come true to go to New York and I'm not going to let fear stop me from going.

You can either let it scare you out of living your life, or you can live your life with absolute minimal risk of it being cut short by a terrorist attack.

It seems hugely unlikely to me, just because of the difficulty of making it happen. Getting tickets, then getting through the searches on the gates (which are 'random' I'm sure, and Glastonbury is one of the whitest festivals in the world).

Of course, if they somehow did get in, Pyramid headliner is when you have most people grouped tightly together so the Radiohead fans are fine.

As i said on the other thread, we were at a one day festival in Moscow that got attacked by suicide bombers, but what you going to do? Just have a pint and don't be a shitarse c**t. It's alright.

13 minutes ago, Mardy said:

As i said on the other thread, we were at a one day festival in Moscow that got attacked by suicide bombers, but what you going to do? Just have a pint and don't be a shitarse c**t. It's alright.

In Russia, festival bombs you