Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Doesn't change the fact they are big names. 

Weller isn't unless you have a different definition of huge.

I think the original comment was meant in terms of reaction here - always speculation of an efest favourite, nearly always disappointment.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Really? I've only seen that from people who weren't overly familiar with The Libertines. They were never gonna give a polished performance, I thought they were brilliant and I seen a lot of positive reviews on here afterwards.

TBF I was elsewhere - Caribou, maybe?  Just from looking at the press.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jun/27/the-libertines-at-glastonbury-2015-review-whimsical-nostalgia

5 minutes ago, blackred said:

Back on topic, I'm going for Slayer.

They are free on Saturday, only in Luxembourg the day before, US act that is unlikely to leak, rumours were around before the initial poster, would go down like a lead balloon here.

Wait, you think Slayer are going to be subbing Adele??:huh:

6 minutes ago, blackred said:

Back on topic, I'm going for Slayer.

They are free on Saturday, only in Luxembourg the day before, US act that is unlikely to leak, rumours were around before the initial poster, would go down like a lead balloon here.

Finally a good name!

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Yep, there's nothing better than having one of your favourites to look forward to on the last night. You know that however good a time you are having at any point during the festival, that there is something even better still to come.

I guess the last time it happened for me was nick cave in 2013 (albeit he was 2nd top). Though I was looking forward to massive attack the other year. Chems, not so much.

Exactly. You never feel like you've peaked. Stevie in 2010 was the last time that really happened for me. Doves in 03 and Blur in 09 were brilliant for motivation as well.

Yep, there's nothing better than having one of your favourites to look forward to on the last night. You know that however good a time you are having at any point during the festival, that there is something even better still to come.

I guess the last time it happened for me was nick cave in 2013 (albeit he was 2nd top). Though I was looking forward to massive attack the other year. Chems, not so much.

Completely agree, my first 3 festivals. The Prodigy, Stevie Wonder and Queens of the Stone age were the main acts for me before the festival started (Pulp were not on the poster, even though the were the weekend highlight).

2014 and 2015 I haven't had acts I have been that arsed about seeing. This year, the rumours leave me cold too. In an Ideal world Beck will headline John Peel or Park on the Sunday.

Yes Russy. Pulp at the end of Leeds 2011, Massive Attack at the end of Glastonbury 2014, Lykke Li at the end of Latitude 2014 (although tbf, she was just one of many equal-footing highlights that year) and Owen Pallett at the end of Green Man last year were all amazing, and all the way through the festival I was looking forward to seeing them. It really does make the weekend so much better. Hopefully we get LCD Soundsystem on Sunday night for this very reason.

I personally think it is going to be Dave Grohl doing a solo acoustic set, right at the end of which Richard Ashcroft will walk on, approach the microphone and utter the words "It could have been worse" as the lights fade.

Don't think I've ever had a festival where the final act is the one I'm most looking forward to.

Actually, Depeche Mode at Werchter probably was; especially it being a co-headline deal with Editors.

Whilst the Chems put on my favourite performance of last year, Kanye was the set I was most looking forward to.

2014 was Jack White but both times I have had an act to really look forward to Sunday night (Massive Attack in 2014).

If LCD play Sunday night then they'll be what I'm most looking forward to. However, if it ends up being Disclosure or BMTH it doesn't look like there's going to be much that appeals to me. EWF, Bat For Lashes and Grimes would all be nice but nothing I'm really excited about. It'd be similar to Leeds 2013 to me where my final act was British Sea Power who I'd never really listened to - they were good but it's a bit gutting once you're on your final night wanting to have a huge blow out and there's no music on that you love.

35 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Don't think I've ever had a festival where the final act is the one I'm most looking forward to.

Actually, Depeche Mode at Werchter probably was; especially it being a co-headline deal with Editors.

Whilst the Chems put on my favourite performance of last year, Kanye was the set I was most looking forward to.

2014 was Jack White but both times I have had an act to really look forward to Sunday night (Massive Attack in 2014).

If LCD play Sunday night then they'll be what I'm most looking forward to. However, if it ends up being Disclosure or BMTH it doesn't look like there's going to be much that appeals to me. EWF, Bat For Lashes and Grimes would all be nice but nothing I'm really excited about. It'd be similar to Leeds 2013 to me where my final act was British Sea Power who I'd never really listened to - they were good but it's a bit gutting once you're on your final night wanting to have a huge blow out and there's no music on that you love.

The peak was Hot Chip on the Friday for me last year, it was all down hill after that.

28 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The peak was Hot Chip on the Friday for me last year, it was all down hill after that.

Aye, wouldn't say it went downhill, but nothing reached those glorious heights for the rest of the weekend - both musically and the drugs that went alongside it