Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

I'll take Kendrick now tbh. What Dental said about his US date now being after BST is promising, and there's obvious reason to hold him back. We did have info on him appearing, albeit in a different slot, and he'd work well before Adele imo. And, importantly, he's actually a sub-sized act :Pyramid

I still can't see past Disclosure, however.

Order of decreasing likelihood for me is as follows:

Disclosure > Radiohead > LCD Soundsystem > Kendrick > something else out of the blue

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Am I jumping the gun, Lawn, or are the words ' I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you got a moment, it's a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'.

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

This is a crisis. A large crisis. In fact, if you got a moment, it's a twelve-storey crisis with a magnificent entrance hall, carpeting throughout, 24-hour portage, and an enormous sign on the roof, saying 'This Is a Large Crisis'.

But he's an absolute ARSEHEAD!

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I don't understand why we started quoting Blackadder. I'm not against it at all, I'm just a bit out of the loop on why it happened.

I'm baffled too. It all went a bit Columbo for a bit with jparx's forensic breakdown of all the possibilities. So, i had a l'il afternoon nap, as befits a man of my age, and now wake up to find it all Blackadder and Peepshow.

Bewildering.

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

I'm baffled too. It all went a bit Columbo for a bit with jparx's forensic breakdown of all the possibilities. So, i had a l'il afternoon nap, as befits a man of my age, and now wake up to find it all Blackadder and Peepshow.

Bewildering.

We're never far away from Peep Show on here though. Or The Simpsons.

Radiohead aren't going to sub Adele.

Just isn't going to happen.

I'm going a little stir crazy in preparation for being underwhelmed.

@Mardy's Columbo reference is probably a telling one, in that this thread has forensically, microscopically deduced all possible permutations lead to Radiohead subbing Adele.

In the cold, hard, hungover, morning-after, walk-of-shame light of the full line up reveal the possibility of RH ever subbing will seem ridiculous.

Edited by Woffy
Grammar.

I have posted this in the radiohead thread as well but thought I ought to post it in here.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have made an account as I have got some info from a very reliable source. Really sorry but I can't reveal it but I would say I think it is very unlikely that radiohead will be subbing adele. 

6 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Emily said this was Saturday in the park

Emily said there was a tribute in The Park on Saturday, but nothing to do with members of his old band. The Park is scheduling a (fairly downbeat) classical piece  that is far more Phillip Glass than David Bowie. The more I think about it, the less I see an issue with an overlap between the two. Talk of a light show at The Park makes me think it'll be a headline slot.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 minute ago, glastohead11 said:

I have posted this in the radiohead thread as well but thought I ought to post it in here.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have made an account as I have got some info from a very reliable source. Really sorry but I can't reveal it but I would say I think it is very unlikely that radiohead will be subbing adele. 

Well, that's kinda pointless.

Given that originally we thought it as Disclosure, with New Order headlining the Other Stage..

Could it just be that they've switched places on the bill, and that there's no great mystery - all the big names have been announced?

4 minutes ago, incident said:

Given that originally we thought it as Disclosure, with New Order headlining the Other Stage..

Could it just be that they've switched places on the bill, and that there's no great mystery - all the big names have been announced?

Would seem an odd placement for New Order and the main piece of info we have on Disclosure headlining Other is that they're doing so alongside New Order and BMTH.

If an act on the poster is the sub and it isn't Disclosure then I think it's LCD Soundsystem.

Neil has said he doesn't think it's Disclosure. It seems more likely that the three Other headliners are Disclosure, New Order and LCD with BMTH being the ones who have been placed incorrectly as headliners. 

That leaves the sub slot open. 

Just now, Will-2609 said:

If an act on the poster is the sub and it isn't Disclosure then I think it's LCD Soundsystem.

No it's not LCD Soundsystem, Will. They're headlining The Other, how many times must I tell you? Get back in the library.