Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

If you had to guess @eFestivals what would you go for.

We will probably know by next week 

despite the denials that came my way yesterday, I still lean towards RH.

Tho that's not because I'm particularly convinced it's them, but because nothing else seems as convincing.

Edited by eFestivals

5 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Special guests would drive this forum crazy for abother month haha

well, there does appear to be some sort of info lock-down on that slot - which suggests something more than 'just a band'.

Then again, that might just be because the people who know aren't people I'm trying to tickle. It's impossible to know.

1 minute ago, djdavejohnson said:

I know she's 'poppy' but she's had number one after number one over the last 18 months - Jess Glynne? Or she already earmarked elsewhere? 

Surely not nearly big enough - reapply if still around in 10 years... ;)

2 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

Is some sort of Bowie and or Prince tribute out of the question?

I know there's going to be other tributes across the festival but a prime slot for the BBC cameras would go down well. It will also please the masses waiting for Adele I reckon.

Emily said this was Saturday in the park

2 minutes ago, billum said:

Surely not nearly big enough - reapply if still around in 10 years... ;)

Agreed she hasn't been around very long, but she is popular. I imagine she wouldn't be most people's choice round these parts mind! I personally don't think it is her, just throwing the name out there :)

I'm just happy this has sparked some excitement about the lineup. I think the lineup is very good, but we didn't have many BIG surprises on the first poster. Most of the names, and even positions, were known for a while. 

This is really getting the juices flowing!

Edited by jparx

1 hour ago, CHRLY said:

Is there not a chance it's D'Angelo? I know it's a weird place for him to be but why did he appear that far up on the poster?

It would make sense. With the line up poster hiccup that happened, im surprised i didnt see this as an option sooner. In fact the more i think about it, the more it seems obvious that D'angelo should be the front runner for the pyramid sub.

18 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

It would make sense. With the line up poster hiccup that happened, im surprised i didnt see this as an option sooner. In fact the more i think about it, the more it seems obvious that D'angelo should be the front runner for the pyramid sub.

what reasons could there be for keeping it a secret so far?  contractual, perhaps.  but with all these guesses - unless it's someone already on the poster - it's the secrecy that's suggestive.

i think D'Angelo is great, but i'd not be hanging around the Pyramid on the off chance it's him (assuming this slot isn't confirmed by then) and likewise i could imagine a lot of disappointed people in that field all saying "who" in unison while expecting Thom and the lads.