Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I suppose if Disclosure are not subbing, where else will they play? 

I know the thought was Ellie Golding subbing Coldplay, but I didn't think she was big enough. (I may have misjudged that)

Other headliner above Bring Me The Horizon had been talked about, although I think Pyramid sub is definitely more likely. Ellie is big enough I think, although could easily slip down to third as well if they wanted to stick somebody above her

20 minutes ago, Ben Holland said:

Could LCD not be a a pyramid sub (not sure which day)  meaning Disclosure headline Friday night on Other?

LCD on Pyramid before Muse wouldn't be worse thing for me as I actually still like Muse and that way I'd get to see both. 

LCD on before Muse wouldn't be the strangest thing, and i guess Foals on before Adele would be just as weird as Disclosure on before her, but i definitely think LCD are gonna headline Other, just as they're a bit more 'alternative' and i'm sure a huge portion of the Pyramid crowd would be thinking 'who the fuck is this?'. Foals make a lot of sense as Muse' sub, and as weird as Disclosure on before Adele would be, it's just as weird as about any other act they could've got due to how different of a headliner Adele is to your usual, and at least they're a hugely mainstream and popular act - i'm sure the Pyramid dwellers will eat up that 1-2

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

LCD on before Muse wouldn't be the strangest thing, and i guess Foals on before Adele would be just as weird as Disclosure on before her, but i definitely think LCD are gonna headline Other, just as they're a bit more 'alternative' and i'm sure a huge portion of the Pyramid crowd would be thinking 'who the fuck is this?'. Foals make a lot of sense as Muse' sub, and as weird as Disclosure on before Adele would be, it's just as weird as about any other act they could've got due to how different of a headliner Adele is to your usual, and at least they're a hugely mainstream and popular act - i'm sure the Pyramid dwellers will eat up that 1-2

It's a difficult one isn't it? Really not sure which way they'll go. 

Disclosure headlining in the dark on the other stage with a great light show would be better than on pyramid before Adele though surely? Faithless did a great job of playing the Pyramid Sub spot back in 2010 before Stevie (what a night that was btw) but not sure Disclosure would go down as well.

1 minute ago, Ben Holland said:

Disclosure headlining in the dark on the other stage with a great light show would be better than on pyramid before Adele though surely? Faithless did a great job of playing the Pyramid Sub spot back in 2010 before Stevie (what a night that was btw) but not sure Disclosure would go down as well.

yeah Disclosure headlining Other makes far more sense than them subbing Pyramid, but i guess they're a pretty huge act now and a Pyramid sub slot is prestigious as hell so they're not exactly gonna turn their noses up at it - they've got all the tunes, and no doubt bring out a few guests with them, although Gregory Porter seemingly being unavailable on the Saturday despite playing the festival and guesting on their album is puzzling - maybe we've got it wrong and they're subbing Coldplay and Ellie is below Adele, or Ellie is third below Disclosure and Coldplay on the Sunday and there's somebody else below Adele. tbh there's a few scenarios that could end up happening

Yeah we're all second guessing. If I put my money on it, LCD would be playing the Other Stage as everyone is predicting however they are Headlining other festivals on main stage everywhere else they are playing. Would be quite the come down to be shunted on the other stage. 

LCD into MUSE on Friday would be sweet for me. Foals on Sunday into Coldplay or a walk over to E W & FIRE and the GIRL POWER left for Saturday night of Ellie and Adele (which I won't be anywhere near) and most likely will be at New Order instead. 

Just now, dentalplan said:

I'd say Disclosure will be okay without Gregory Porter. They'll have played that song a hundred times without him already and nobody remembers that album anyway so no biggie.

yeah you're probably right - just odd that they weren't booked for the same day if they're both at the same festival, especially as it's his second year on the run. I'm sure they'll have enough guests to make up for his absence 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I'd say Disclosure will be okay without Gregory Porter. They'll have played that song a hundred times without him already and nobody remembers that album anyway so no biggie.

Was that the disappointing concept album about about the delightful Yorkshire town of Settle?

Nao and AlunaGeorge already guest on a song each so if they're around I'm sure they'll be wheeled out.

I like Disclosure btw. The first album is fantastic and the second album is pretty poor. Saw them at their own show and at Bestival and they were very good both times. I will go see them depending on clashes. 

As previously mentioned, Disclosure's turn heading up West Holts a couple of years back was weeeeeaaaaaaaaak.

But that said,  all this talk of support acts perplexing or intimidating the fans waiting around for the headliners seems vastly overstated. Pendulum's basic-ass kiddie noises have never worried anyone.