Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

By the way i don't think Disclosure will be subbing Adele on the sole reason that it would make sense for them to play on the same day as Gregory Porter which is sunday. (Gregory is a guest singer for one of the main singles on their new album). This works with the theory that they'll headline the Other after BMTH. I think the eavis' have realised how much of a bad idea it is to have BMTH headline.

Edited by Acid_Haze

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

By the way i don't think Disclosure will be subbing Adele on the sole reason that it would make sense for them to play on the same day as Gregory Porter which is sunday. (Gregory is a guest singer for the main single on their new album). This works with the theory that they'll headline the Other after BMTH. I think the eavis' have realised how much of a bad idea it is to have BMTH headline.

that's a good point, although he may just not end up guesting with them. now to find out what day Alunageorge are playing...

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

that's a good point, although he may just not end up guesting with them. now to find out what day Alunageorge are playing...

I'd imagine they will try and make it happen, when they headlined WH they brought out Ed Macfarlane and Eliza Doolittle who weren't even playing (I think?)

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mark Ronson played the Friday last year, but was joined onstage by George Clinton who played the Saturday.

Gregory Porter's busy on all days other than Sunday isn't he? hence why we're certain that's when he'll be playing

looking at Alunageorge's tour dates they're in America on the Wednesday, so could still easily make it over for the Saturday i suppose 

4 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

By the way i don't think Disclosure will be subbing Adele on the sole reason that it would make sense for them to play on the same day as Gregory Porter which is sunday. (Gregory is a guest singer for one of the main singles on their new album). This works with the theory that they'll headline the Other after BMTH. I think the eavis' have realised how much of a bad idea it is to have BMTH headline.

I agree with this, and as much as I don't mind Disclosure, surely they are not big enough to be subbing the pyramid!? Mark Ronson (I mention him as he was mentioned shortly after your comment, albeit in another context) only managed to nab a sub slot on the Other last year.

I still have an unsubstantiated and evidence free belief - other than the way stuff has been announced before - that there are some decent size (ie fairly high Pyramid) acts still to come. The possibilities for the top 3/4 acts on each day doesn't quite scan at the moment so hoping for a nice surprise or two on the full line up. 

And no I'm not talking about Radiohead 

Edited by TheRedSeat

21 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I agree with this, and as much as I don't mind Disclosure, surely they are not big enough to be subbing the pyramid!? Mark Ronson (I mention him as he was mentioned shortly after your comment, albeit in another context) only managed to nab a sub slot on the Other last year.

Disclosure are easily big enough to sub headline the pyramid. If Foals can do it and nobody bats an eyelid, then Disclosure as a pyramid sub is a no brainer. Out of the 3 acts in the running to headline the other (New Order are nailed on) theyre the most logical sub. Ive all but given up hope of a secret sub and am resigned to it being Disclosure

8 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Disclosure are easily big enough to sub headline the pyramid. If Foals can do it and nobody bats an eyelid, then Disclosure as a pyramid sub is a no brainer. Out of the 3 acts in the running to headline the other (New Order are nailed on) theyre the most logical sub. Ive all but given up hope of a secret sub and am resigned to it being Disclosure

I still cannot see it, but accept the point. Having said that they did headline West Holts in 2014 so maybe that gives them some additional pedigree.

I'm about to clutch the wrong end of biggest piece of straw I can find and beat about the bush with it:

Is the 'BMTH to headline the Other' rumour purposely being put out to throw people off the fact Disclosure are actually headlining on Sunday which throws people off the fact the Saturday Pyramid sub isn't on the poster? 

We are through the looking glass here people... 

17 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm about to clutch the wrong end of biggest piece of straw I can find and beat about the bush with it:

Is the 'BMTH to headline the Other' rumour purposely being put out to throw people off the fact Disclosure are actually headlining on Sunday which throws people off the fact the Saturday Pyramid sub isn't on the poster? 

We are through the looking glass here people... 

It's not impossible that BMTH is wrong, but I think it's unlikely.

I've had the same info from a number of directions, including some who've supplied already announced info that's been 100% accurate.

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I love how you hedge your bets since ColdplayGate

I always did anyway. I've always said I've got no way of knowing with certainty that anything I'm told is accurate until it's announced.

I might instead have said it was right in previous years (rather than the wording I've used above), but that was always meant with that caveat applied.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I think playing after BMTH makes the most sense. Neil's info is still pointing to BMTH headlining though...however bizarre that is.

I just think for a while last year we thought Ben Howard would headline the other. And for a while the year before we thought Pixies would. We always get it wrong until it gets announced

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I always did anyway. I've always said I've got no way of knowing with certainty that anything I'm told is accurate until it's announced.

I might instead have said it was right in previous years (rather than the wording I've used above), but that was always meant with that caveat applied.

With great power, comes great responsibility

3 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

I just think for a while last year we thought Ben Howard would headline the other. And for a while the year before we thought Pixies would. We always get it wrong until it gets announced

Ben Howard pretty much did though, same length as Deadmau5 just there was a dance closer.