Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Fratellis at Y-Not a few years ago and it was possibly the most hideous gig I've ever attended. So many moronic 'lads' shouting at them to play that one song that they all knew, whilst throwing cups of piss at the stage. The band almost walked off stage at one point. It was such a toxic atmosphere. 

Then Frank Turner played the next day and it was a really friendly, enthusiastic crowd. Funny how different acts bring out different people...

48 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Behave yourself, they aren't that big. Even as poor as Reading is they are only heading NME.

5 nights on the spin at Brixton. No doubt arenas announced come the autumn. Top of the album charts in UK and US. There's only one way they're going. Decent fit.

1 minute ago, Beaver89 said:

Are Beck and Foals not in the running for subs? Seeing as they are on the poster and viable Other headliners but with LCD NO & BMTH lined up subbing Pyramid would make sense no? Agree Disclosure would be the third sub on Pyramid - good on them!

We're fairly sure Foals are subbing Muse, and Beck is unlikely to be a sub despite his prominent position on the poster. Ellie Goulding will almost certainly be the second sub and like yourself I'd guess Disclosure are the third.

Just now, Will-2609 said:

We're fairly sure Foals are subbing Muse, and Beck is unlikely to be a sub despite his prominent position on the poster. Ellie Goulding will almost certainly be the second sub and like yourself I'd guess Disclosure are the third.

Thanks! Hard to keep up round here. Yea forgot Goulding likely to sub Coldplay. I'd say thats a reasonably strong set of doubles topping the bill. I'll likely be elsewhere myself but mainly because I've seen them all before (except Adele who I will likely be dragged to).

This does identify a potential nightmare clash situation though of Beck headlining a stage on Friday.

2 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Thanks! Hard to keep up round here. Yea forgot Goulding likely to sub Coldplay. I'd say thats a reasonably strong set of doubles topping the bill. I'll likely be elsewhere myself but mainly because I've seen them all before (except Adele who I will likely be dragged to).

This does identify a potential nightmare clash situation though of Beck headlining a stage on Friday.

I'm confident Beck will be on the Pyramid - 3rd down Friday/Sunday. I know the poster placements don't really mean anything but having him so prominently displayed and then shoving him in the JP or something would seem odd to me (and in general I see him as a Pyramid act anyway).

2 minutes ago, theDandy said:

I reckon the Pyramid then is looking like:

Friday -- MUSE // FOALS // ZZ TOP

Saturday - ADELE // DISCLOSURE // THE LAST SHADOW PUPPETS // MADNESS

Sunday - COLDPLAY // ELLIE GOULDING // BECK // JEFF LYNNE'S ELO

Yep, the only thing that stops me being 99% sure on this is a guy from St Etienne tweeting yesterday that they're playing at 7pm, 20 mins after ELO finish, which would put ELO in a 3rd from top time slot. If so, I'd move Beck to above ZZ Top and the legend slot just be one higher this year (maybe in an attempt to lessen the monstrous crowds of the last two years).

4 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Don't say that, think of those poor Radiohead fans ;(

14 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Yep, the only thing that stops me being 99% sure on this is a guy from St Etienne tweeting yesterday that they're playing at 7pm, 20 mins after ELO finish, which would put ELO in a 3rd from top time slot. If so, I'd move Beck to above ZZ Top and the legend slot just be one higher this year (maybe in an attempt to lessen the monstrous crowds of the last two years).

Yeah you know what you could be spot on there, Sir. Maybe Jess Glynne on before Jeff Lynne to turn things on it's head?!

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

That's not strictly true though is it. I think the point many people were making is that they would prefer that the festival give a 'smaller' act such as Foals a bump and play their part in making the next group of headliners, rather than playing safe with Muse or Coldplay. 

It was way more than just to give a 'smaller' act it, it was thought all year they were big enough/deserved it and yet now to major UK festivals see it completely different and one looks like it struggled like fuck, worrying thing that wasn't even the slot that caused them the most headache. The real headache will be when a portion of 150k have already seen both main acts.

1 hour ago, theDandy said:

It's pretty clear I think. 

1 hour ago, theDandy said:

I dunno about anyone else, but to me that reads as SUCH a bizarre lineup. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I dunno about anyone else, but to me that reads as SUCH a bizarre lineup. 

I'd have stuck someone in between ZZ Top and Foals, but that aside I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was pretty much the running order.