Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

For all the withering sarcasm, sneaking the Spice Girls onto the line in a non-headlining capacity would indeed be a good booking.

In what sense? I don't get what a 'good booking' is. The festival is already sold out and they would cost a fortune to book in relation to the number of people that would actually care.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Behave yourself, they aren't that big. Even as poor as Reading is they are only heading NME.

Agreed. One thing I have noticed on these forums is the complete overestimation of how popular people think their favourite bands/artists are. Like all the calls for Kendrick Lemar to headline the Pyramid, sheer lunacy. 

5 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

Agreed. One thing I have noticed on these forums is the complete overestimation of how popular people think their favourite bands/artists are. Like all the calls for Kendrick Lemar to headline the Pyramid, sheer lunacy. 

It is....in the last year there has been way too much....any band I like can headline because they put a good show on, so did a band playing middle of a stage lineuo but it doesn't mean they can headline.

Foals/Disclosure justification this year has been ridiculous....I actually people people told themselves enough they should be at the top of a bill that they believed it.

14 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It is....in the last year there has been way too much....any band I like can headline because they put a good show on, so did a band playing middle of a stage lineuo but it doesn't mean they can headline.

Foals/Disclosure justification this year has been ridiculous....I actually people people told themselves enough they should be at the top of a bill that they believed it.

That's not strictly true though is it. I think the point many people were making is that they would prefer that the festival give a 'smaller' act such as Foals a bump and play their part in making the next group of headliners, rather than playing safe with Muse or Coldplay. 

I'm in the Disclosure camp myself.

Prior to the announcement I had the feeling that Faithless were going to sub Adele in a kind of happy-dancey-sunsety type of way before heading into the balladry. Disclosure can fill a similar role and someone posted them saying it was their biggest show which fits.