Adele

mumzilla

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Just before 'Someone Like You' a whole troop of young lads appeared near us on the path.  When the song began to play one hollered "tune!" and for a moment I thought they were going to be arsehole-y and spoil it.  Nu-uh, arms round each other singing every last word. :D

Saw a similar thing. Watched Adele from the back and 3 lads were all chatting to each other in that sort of universal bad man accent, bragging about knocking one of their neighbour's brothers out. One lad decided to climb on top of the bins. Expected him to be an arse through her whole set but I turned around 2/3rds way through and saw a tear dripping off his cheek. :rofl:

For all my complaining, I ended up at seeing her...

Was at the side of the Pyramid and basically cbf going else where alone for stuff that wasn't exciting me much at the time. For what its worth apart from the "banter" between songs, it was better than expected even if a bit depressing. 

I guess maybe even good if you like that sort of thing, but it just wasn't really for me.

I liked the projections on the side of the Pyramid, good idea.

7 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

lol, someone's too cool for school! Sorry you didn't get the top quality banter you were after.

No need to apologise, I had a great fest despite a mediocre Saturday headliner. Certainly wasn't expecting 'top quality banter' from her, just something, anything, slightly more engaging than 'what's your favourite colour?' It wasn't a fucking kids party ffs. She just came across as a bit thick, which she clearly isn't. Also, considering she's so popular with children, surely she could reign in the swearing just a bit. Effing & jeffing continuously. Maybe it's just the teacher in me coming out, but it's not really what you'd want your 6 year old children hearing is it. When I got back to work on Tuesday, that was the only thing any kid mentioned about Adele. Nothing about the music or the crowd, just all the swears. 

9 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In that it was the polar opposite?

In that parts were good and parts were shambolic. In 9 Glastonbury's I've never seen anyone stop a song for being out of breath or, right in the middle of one, say 'oh shit, i messed that up'. Even Kanye's show was slicker than that, though obviously with its faults also

8 hours ago, The Nal said:

Hello and Rolling in the Deep were good. I tolerated the rest. Shes not my thing but you can't deny that she connected with the crowd and put on a good show. The mid song chat was a bit Butlins yeah but apparently thats a thing she does. Her voice sounded great. Only 15 tunes so tolerable. My missus said I exhaled when it was over but she sent people away very happy which is what a headliner is supposed to do. No complaints. 

Anyway, the "oooh she can't headline, its too boring" etc chat was well wide of the mark. Miles wide. 

Yeah, i tolerated most of it though I can see why some people like it. Shame she didn't play the one song I properly like. The contrast between her speaking voice and singing voice is as drastic as anyone I can think of. 

Despite not being a fan, I still think she was the best headliner booking due to being massive and having never headlined before. I just hope it doesn't open the door for similar but shitter artists. 

On another note, my work colleague, who is married to a singer in a band that headlined a smaller stage, ended up having a long chat with her backstage during the day. Said she was lovely 

Can't believe people didn't think she could do it. Absolutely fucking smashed it. The atmosphere down in the pit was just incredible. Never been in a crowd so friendly and excited for a headliner. (Yes it was primarily girls under 25 for the record). Ended up bawling several times, just couldn't hold it back for Hometown Glory and When we were young. 

Easily the best gig/set I've ever been to, it completely made my festival

I was at the front barrier in front of her little extra stage to the right hand side

I'm a fan anyway but when she played Make You Feel My Love less than a meter in front of my face will stay with me for a very very long time 

I managed to get this shot on one of the other songs, im not a fan of people taking pictures during gigs but I was so close I just had to

20160625_231627.jpg

After all the negativity following her headliner announcement, I'm so happy to see so many people enjoyed it :) she was the only headliner I saw and I knew I would love it because I saw her at the O2 a few months ago. I never expected to love it quite as much as I did though.. I think I fell in love with the festival all over again. 

11 hours ago, sloseph said:

Easily the best gig/set I've ever been to, it completely made my festival

I was at the front barrier in front of her little extra stage to the right hand side

I'm a fan anyway but when she played Make You Feel My Love less than a meter in front of my face will stay with me for a very very long time 

I managed to get this shot on one of the other songs, im not a fan of people taking pictures during gigs but I was so close I just had to

20160625_231627.jpg

Quality picture.

This is the first Headliner I have ever been at any festival for, who I didn't see - who I wish I had.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

On 2 July 2016 at 10:22 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Quality picture.

This is the first Headliner I have ever been at any festival for, who I didn't see - who I wish I had.

Yeah this!!! 

I had had tickets for her in Blackpool but her voice fucked up, twice she cancelled on me.  Would have been there with bells on if it was a Sunday.... Unfortunately im

too much of a messy idiot to watch that on a Saturday!

Is this the biggest turnaround on a Glasto headliner?

More people were moaning about her than Kanye and possibly Jay Z... But I haven't seen one negative comment since. 

I didn't watch her myself - didn't watch any pyramid headliners in fact - but looks like everyone had a great time. 

13 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Is this the biggest turnaround on a Glasto headliner?

More people were moaning about her than Kanye and possibly Jay Z... But I haven't seen one negative comment since. 

I didn't watch her myself - didn't watch any pyramid headliners in fact - but looks like everyone had a great time. 

I don't think more people moaned about adele then Kanye. 

Most people thought she was deserved to headline but the view seemed to be would her show work on a festival audience.

3 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I don't think more people moaned about adele then Kanye. 

Most people thought she was deserved to headline but the view seemed to be would her show work on a festival audience.

Oh yeah for sure - didn't mean moaning in the same sense as people always seem to moan when it's hip hop - just that there was a similar sense of disarray around Adele to other controversial acts. 

• 3 weeks later...