Adele

mumzilla

18 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The problem with Gorillaz is that it was incredibly boring. Simple as. Damon up his own hole.

Adele is the biggest star in the world. Its a huge booking. The fact that her music is dogshit doesnt matter here.

I think I'm just going to have to continue to agree to disagree with 80% of the audience on this.  I don't think I'll ever quite get why people had such an issue with that gig.  Quick question, @The Nal, do you like Gorillaz' recorded output? Are you familiar with the album tracks?

Adele is a great booking but I just wish we had one curveball headliner. I'd like to have seen Kendrick Lamar booked over Muse. The guy is a superstar in the making and Glastonbury should have had the foresight and the bravery to book him as a headliner. It would have added some real spice, rather than Muse playing yet again on the second year touring a pants album.

11 hours ago, Cherrytree13 said:

Never been to Glastonbury but I'd love to go some day. Sure the full lineup will offer something for everyone, as it always does. Signing up Adele to headline is ridiculous though. She's awful. Definitely not buying into the "she has such a great personality" crap either; she's dull and seems to act about 20 years beyond her age. Sure she can throw a few "fu*ks" in, but that's only a strategy created to cover up her grannyesque mannerisms. 

Ill be heading to Barcelona for primavera safe in the knowledge that I won't have to hear Tom Waits plagiarised and cheapened for the masses. Seriously, she makes my blood boil. 

I searched - this is the only time the above has been written in these forums as far as I can see. *giggles*

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Adele is a great booking but I just wish we had one curveball headliner. I'd like to have seen Kendrick Lamar booked over Muse. The guy is a superstar in the making and Glastonbury should have had the foresight and the bravery to book him as a headliner. It would have added some real spice, rather than Muse playing yet again on the second year touring a pants album.

Me too. I reckon they've missed a trick by not ringing this guy up...

27 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think I'm just going to have to continue to agree to disagree with 80% of the audience on this.  I don't think I'll ever quite get why people had such an issue with that gig.  Quick question, @The Nal, do you like Gorillaz' recorded output? Are you familiar with the album tracks?

No and yes. Listened to the albums and they're alright. Proof is in the pudding though and thousands and thousands left the gig. Huge crush trying to leave. 

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Their crowd is going to be tiny as fuck.....but now it's happen I'll be there over anything. They won't clash Adele and Robyn if she plays so that's good. This is going to be a case of band band band.....explorer Wed, Thursday and Sunday morning.

They pretty much clashed Beyonce and Robyn, to much outrage with us. If Robyn is clashed with Adele there's Gonna be tears. 

31 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Comparing Gorillaz and Adele answers your question surely.

Biggest star in the industry for the last 5 odd years and by a country mile the most popular singer in the world headlines the festival for the first time, people not happy. Very odd. Coldplay and Muse seem to get a pass. :unsure:

Theres going to be 80k+ in the field. Few bog standard tunes for the Beebs highlight reel. Americans tuning in to watch. Job done.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Biggest star in the industry for the last 5 odd years and by a country mile the most popular singer in the world headlines the festival for the first time, people not happy. Very odd. Coldplay and Muse seem to get a pass. :unsure:

Theres going to be 80k+ in the field. Few bog standard tunes for the Beebs highlight reel. Americans tuning in to watch. Job done.

Says the guy with no ticket...

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Not sure what you've been reading. Most of the comments I've seen have been people saying Adele is a great booking but Muse and Coldplay are the problem. 

Troll harder! ;)

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

You can head to Primavera...with a w*nk arsed lineup as per.

In my experience Primavera book a lor of new and exciting bands and also have great returning artists. Saw Kendrick in one of the 'headline' type* spots a couple of years ago and he was incredible, which is what a lot of people are keen to see at Glastonbury. Perhaps some of their bookings aren't what everyone is expecting but that's one of the things that makes it so good

*line up is done a little differently with the festival going on so late

4 hours ago, russycarps said:

I feel a bit sorry for her if the first thing she mentions is to tell the moaners to fuck off. She obviously reads the negative stuff about her and is rattled by it. This should be an exciting career high for her so people whining should be the last thing on her mind.

She is boring and shit though.

I thought that was a really weird comment. What an odd thing to say as your first comment on headlining. She's clearly been reading Twitter/message boards etc. because most newspapers have been saying she'd be a great headliner.

I personally won't be going to see Adele and I'm fine with that - there's plenty to see and do at Glastonbury. 

Musically I think she's a great booking for the festival - she's a new headliner, she's current, popular and relevant and there are a lot of people who do enjoy her music. 

I do, however, find it a bit jarring that she's playing a festival like Glastonbury given her comments on things like tax in the past. She seems to have this 'regular girl' type image going on but then complains about contributing to the state. If I'm mistaken feel free to call me out but I've tried to do a bit of research and keep finding that quote from a couple of years ago about her not being able to get on a bus. 

33 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Muse and Coldplay get a pass????

Really?

4 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

I've got a pitched down version of Rolling in the Deep. It sounds like a male soul singer. It's alright. 

Just checked this and it's not a pitched down Adele, it's John Legend.

Apologies to all concerned :D

(Holmes Price remix for anyone interested) 

Edited by fatyeti24