Glasgow Summer Sessions 2016

kingcrawler

37 minutes ago, foolee said:

Has anyone been to this before? Thinking of going but I wanted to know if they ran shuttle buses or anything from Glasgow as otherwise it'll be about an hour walk or expensive taxi journey.

Train to Dunbreck or Subway to Ibrox, both are a fairly short walk to Bellahouston.

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It only went on sale today.

Oh yeah I know of course it needs a chance to sell, just thought it was weird they'd announce 2 bands and then another just a few days later when tickets go on sale. Like why not announce them all at once?

To me, announcing Wolf Alice looks like an attempt to increase ticket sales. I was expecting a quick sell out for this - home crowd, relatively big name, haven't played  a big show on home turf for a few years. But there still appears to be plenty of tickets on sale. While I doubt DF are panicking just yet, the Wolf Alice announcement screams to me "quick, announce another name so we can get more tickets sold!".

As for other names for this, with the news that The Weeknd has pulled out of supporting Rihanna at her Hampden gig, I'm half expecting an announcement that it's being rescheduled from June and moved to GSS. It is already selling poorly and this lets them attach a few new names to the lineup and get a bit of buzz around it.

15 hours ago, foolee said:

Oh yeah I know of course it needs a chance to sell, just thought it was weird they'd announce 2 bands and then another just a few days later when tickets go on sale. Like why not announce them all at once?

Was likely planned as a little reminder that tickets are on sale to the not so masisve fans with it being easter and all

7 hours ago, Stuart1000 said:

To me, announcing Wolf Alice looks like an attempt to increase ticket sales. I was expecting a quick sell out for this - home crowd, relatively big name, haven't played  a big show on home turf for a few years. But there still appears to be plenty of tickets on sale. While I doubt DF are panicking just yet, the Wolf Alice announcement screams to me "quick, announce another name so we can get more tickets sold!".

You have no idea how many tickets are still on sale really do you? It was never really going be an instant sell out.

12 hours ago, LondonTom said:

You have no idea how many tickets are still on sale really do you? It was never really going be an instant sell out.

Of course I don't know the number of tickets, it's not public information but there does still appear to be tickets available from all outlets. I expected this to sell out relatively quickly given how popular their past shows in Scotland have been and that they haven't played a big headline show here since 2013. Not to mention that their main support act completed a relatively large UK arena tour earlier this year without a Glasgow date.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive Biffy fan and I got my tickets at 9:01am on Wednesday morning. After trying (and struggling) to get tickets for past shows, I was expecting this to be a fast sell out but it doesn't look to have been that way. It will sell out eventually, especially with a new album out in the next few weeks but I was really expecting it to sell out on Wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Fourth time on this tour he's played Glasgow as well as headlining T. Might go if there's decent support and cheap tickets nearer the time as I don't see this selling out quickly.

Lol, Scotland promoters are really doing themselves up! Do they just like booking big shows now for acts playing well below sub level elsewhere.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Lol, Scotland promoters are really doing themselves up! Do they just like booking big shows now for acts playing well below sub level elsewhere.

I think it'll sell ok, both his arena gigs have sold well and he has a big enough fanbase up here but without a strong support I don't think there's any chance it will sell out.

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Johnny Marr is one of the supports for Noel Gallagher.

Never seen him but in so many good bands; electronic, the cribs, modest mouse and one other (fronted by a vegetarian manc) that escapes my mind.

Is he any good live solo?

8 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Never seen him but in so many good bands; electronic, the cribs, modest mouse and one other (fronted by a vegetarian manc) that escapes my mind.

Is he any good live solo?

Yeah I've seen him a couple of times and he's been good. Plays a load of Smiths songs and used to do an Electronic song as well as his solo stuff.