Ticket balance deadline announced

dexydexy

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the ticket notification email in October:

You will have a week commencing 1st April 2016 to pay the remaining balance of £178 plus booking and transaction fees. 

If you have not paid your balance by 7th April 2016, or you decide to cancel your deposit, you will be charged an administration fee of £25 and refunded £25 per ticket. You will be sent a reminder email when the deadline is approaching. However, ultimately you are responsible for paying your ticket balance.

Edited by Michaels denim shorts
Spelling

22 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

From the ticket notification email in October:

You will have a week commencing 1st April 2016 to pay the remaining balance of £178 plus booking and transaction fees. 

If you have not paid your balance by 7th April 2016, or you decide to cancel your deposit, you will be charged an administration fee of £25 and refunded £25 per ticket. You will be sent a reminder email when the deadline is approaching. However, ultimately you are responsible for paying your ticket balance.

I see the cost of admin has increased significantly, maybe the admin staff have had a large payrise....

22 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yup.

1 hour ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we always known the balance payment window?

Oh. Haha sorry. I think I'm so desperate for any kind of news / update that I saw the website had updated and got a bit overexcited!

44 minutes ago, ericlered said:

I see the cost of admin has increased significantly, maybe the admin staff have had a large payrise....

It hasn't, the £25 is for the cancellation of coach + ticket. £15 for the ticket & £10 for the coach.
If you just have a ticket then it will be £15.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/ticket-info/#REFUNDS

• 11 months later...

Ignore me, going nuts.

Anyway.... Balance deadline I think we knew, but last chance for a refund is 5th May (which, of course Neil already had on the festival info page :))

Edited by Gnomicide
Too slow, Joe

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Ticket costs really are eye wateringly high aren't they.

A discount scheme for the unemployed/minimum wage earner/students is long overdue.

Something like a tiered pricing scheme would work. The wealthier you are, the more your ticket price subsidises someone less privileged.

I don't know. This has been debated to death on here and everyone has a different opinion, but mine is that festivals are expensive full stop and the slight extra cost of a Glastonbury ticket over anything else available isn't going to be the reason somebody can't afford to go, it's going to be because the over all cost of going to a festival is too expensive.

A reading ticket is £205 this year vs £243 for Glastonbury, so that's a difference of £38 or an extra 18%. In my completely unscientific opinion I'd say the offering at Glastonbury va reading is at least 100% more, if not greater, you certainly get an extra £38 worth. Couple that with the fact you can take your own booze into the arenas, you've easily saved yourself £38 over reading. So in my opinion Glastonbury tickets are not expensive, they're stupidly good value, but festivals in general by the time you add everything up are not a cheap thing to do.

Yeah definitely think it's good value for five days of entertainment and amount of bands on offer, plus cabaret, South East corner. Plus ultimately they give it all to charity as well. 250 quid over the course of a year plus 300 quid spending money, 50 quid coach or whatever is 600 pounds. That's only a saving of 50 a month for the year. Not bad really. I'd back subsidised tickets for kids up to 16 mind, as generally they're still relying heavily on the bank of mum and dad to do stuff, but 17/18 yr olds should be able to start sorting themselves out by then

Yeah I definitely agree regarding kids up to 16 being subsidised, that's a great idea, as well as payment plans. I guess other festivals do it because they need to to shift tickets and make it easier for people, that's not something Glastonbury need, but as long as it didn't cost them too much to administer the scheme, you'd think there would be a benefit to them getting more cash in sooner, so it should be a win win.

Beyond that I'm not sure I agree with subsidising tickets for anybody else, surely a Festival of any sorts is a luxury? It's not a human right for anybody to go to a festival.