Lowlands 2016

pryce

• 2 weeks later...

Camping 2 or 3 are closest to the festival terrain entrance and the Lowlands Cafe, which stays open until the sun comes up.  The main difference is between camping 1-4 which are close to the festival terrain, and 5-7 which are back across a road bridge and thus generally quieter.  Camping 1-4 also fill up quicker, but you can usually squeeze in a small tent even on the Friday morning.

Is anyone in Amsterdam before the festival?

I leave from Amsterdam station on thursday for Dronten or Lelystad ( i don't know what is the better station yet). I travel alone; anyone with the same journey? What time do you recommend to leave from Amsterdam?

I'm getting too old for sleeping in tents, so we're taking the camper this year.  Previous years, we've taken the train and shuttle bus.

Going via Lelystad should be quicker.  Take an Intercity from Amsterdam Central ( 40 mins ) and then follow the rest of the people with camping gear to the free shuttle bus ( 30 mins ).  Gates open at 14:00, but there'll probably be 10,000 people waiting at that time and it'll take a few hours to get inside.  Nice place to meet new people though ;-)

I will be going to lowlands for the first time this year. We'll be getting the train from amsterdam to lelystad, then the shuttle to the fest. The plan is to be there for 1400 to get a spot in campsite 2, 3 or 4. We will take the bus to dronten as there will be no shuttle to lelystad on the Monday, then the train back to schipol.

Anyone no how strict they are with this 8 litre alcohol limit into the campsite?

Edited by Miles Serge Mani Homme

6 minutes ago, Miles Serge Mani Homme said:

Anyone no how strict they are with this 8 litre alchol limit into the campsite?

If it's visibly more than 8 litres, you'll probably get questioned.  Security have their rules to follow.  Last couple of years I've seen people stopped whilst taking in too much, but they've then passed it on to some random person in the queue behind them.  Who then handed it back once past security.  You also see people going back and forth to their cars multiple times so they only bring in 8 litres at a time.

So, probably worth making friends in the queue if you have more than the limit.  Lowlanders are very friendly people.

1 minute ago, amsterdamaged said:

If it's visibly more than 8 litres, you'll probably get questioned.  Security have their rules to follow.  Last couple of years I've seen people stopped whilst taking in too much, but they've then passed it on to some random person in the queue behind them.  Who then handed it back once past security.  You also see people going back and forth to their cars multiple times so they only bring in 8 litres at a time.

So, probably worth making friends in the queue if you have more than the limit.  Lowlanders are very friendly people.

Great stuff! We're good at making friends so I'm sure it'll all work out - thanks

Can't guarantee what they have this year, but previous years they've sold small tents, party tents + all sorts of other camping and non-camping gear.  Probably not as cheap as bringing your own, but prices haven't been too bad.  The camping store has been run by the HEMA ( high street store in every Dutch town )

2 hours ago, amsterdamaged said:

Can't guarantee what they have this year, but previous years they've sold small tents, party tents + all sorts of other camping and non-camping gear.  Probably not as cheap as bringing your own, but prices haven't been too bad.  The camping store has been run by the HEMA ( high street store in every Dutch town )

Ok cheers, fingers crossed I'll be able to get sorted!

great festival

not as good as Pukklepop but still a really good alternative

weather was terrible on the last day but with everything in tents it didn't really matter.

highlights were M83 who blew me away, Muse were great as always ..bit cramped as expected in the tent though.

getting to see foals in a smallish crowd was good. Thee oh sees, Jamie woon, NAO, jack Garratt, Flatbush Zombies, Oscar and the Wolf, Nosia  and Anderson Paak were other highlights!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hiya

Does anybody know the approximate cost for glamping at Lowlands?

We are trying to decide whether ferry, car and tent works out best or flight and glamping..but we are having no luck in finding any ideas on glamping costs. I know they are released next month but just trying to prepare!

Thanks

George

17 hours ago, Georgi1333 said:

Hiya

Does anybody know the approximate cost for glamping at Lowlands?

We are trying to decide whether ferry, car and tent works out best or flight and glamping..but we are having no luck in finding any ideas on glamping costs. I know they are released next month but just trying to prepare!

Thanks

George

Glamping was a lot cheaper than most festivals if I seem to remember

I think it was around 30-50 pounds eachx4 for a 2 two man tents with airbeds.