Sign in to follow this  
deebeedoobee

The Festival Run 2016

A big big thank you to all that entered. We raised in the region of £11,000 for our charities! Smashed last years total. Thank you all and see you next year :party:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

A big big thank you to all that entered. We raised in the region of £11,000 for our charities! Smashed last years total. Thank you all and see you next year :party:

nice one dee, well done. :)

(and to the runners too, of course)

I wanted you to know that The Festival Run Organizing Committee has decided to take a rest in 2017, and with new energy will plan to have a Run in 2018, either in October 2018 or perhaps earlier in the summer (given that there will not be a Festival that year). 
I would like to thank all of you who have taken part in the past and who made the Run such a success last October, raising £11,000 for our charities.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2018.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, eFestivals said:

good effort, Dee :)

Thanks Neil. There were some of us who wanted to continue next year. Sadly we all work full time and so didn't have enough support to make it feasible.

12 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

I wanted you to know that The Festival Run Organizing Committee has decided to take a rest in 2017, and with new energy will plan to have a Run in 2018, either in October 2018 or perhaps earlier in the summer (given that there will not be a Festival that year). 
I would like to thank all of you who have taken part in the past and who made the Run such a success last October, raising £11,000 for our charities.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2018.

Cracking amount raised , well done. Never easy to organise these events, to hats off to you

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Cracking amount raised , well done. Never easy to organise these events, to hats off to you

Thanks FF. It's been great fun. I wish we could have carried on next year but I'm in the minority unfortunately.

Festival Run Update....
As we are sure you are aware, 2018 will be a 'rest year' for Glastonbury Festival, and for Worthy Farm.
As such, we feel we should respect this rest year, and so there will not be a Festival Run in 2018.
We are sorry that many of you will be disappointed by this, but we plan to return in Autumn 2019. 
It has been requested that the run is then held every other year thereafter.

The Festival Run Team