The Festival Run 2016

deebeedoobee

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Woffy said:

Morning Dee,

Have we got a 10k route map yet?

I wanna start investigating gradients for hill training! :-)

Hope you and yours are well, btw.

Morning Woffy - all good here ta. No official route map yet although we do know the route. If I was super wizzey with the puter I could probably draw it on a map for you but I'm not :-( I'll let you know as soon as we have an official map to download. I could probably describe it actually. No better still as soon as the fence is down we'll run it and then I can screen shot my firbit map. Give me a week or so and I'll sort it.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Morning Woffy - all good here ta. No official route map yet although we do know the route. If I was super wizzey with the puter I could probably draw it on a map for you but I'm not :-( I'll let you know as soon as we have an official map to download. I could probably describe it actually. No better still as soon as the fence is down we'll run it and then I can screen shot my firbit map. Give me a week or so and I'll sort it.

Thanks Dee. Lovely stuff!

No rush, was just wondering!

Speak soon.

20 hours ago, Maurice Mecca said:

Really looking forward to coming down for the run in October.  Can anyone recommend a decent B&B in the vicinity?  Also is anyone going to arrange an efest meet-up for a beer pre or post run?

The Long House is the nearest B&B. Otherwise any of the other B&Bs in the village are nice as far as I know.

If you don't want Pilton then Shepton Mallett is 2  miles away. The Highwayman has rooms - basic but clean as far as I am aware.

Not heard about a meet. Sadly I shall be doing the set up/take down so won't be free before or after the run. I'll see you at the start/finish line though in a high viz.

19 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

The Long House is the nearest B&B. Otherwise any of the other B&Bs in the village are nice as far as I know.

If you don't want Pilton then Shepton Mallett is 2  miles away. The Highwayman has rooms - basic but clean as far as I am aware.

Not heard about a meet. Sadly I shall be doing the set up/take down so won't be free before or after the run. I'll see you at the start/finish line though in a high viz.

Thanks very much, I'll look into them.  I'll make sure to look out for you on the day.  I'll be the one looking like Boris Becker!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/07/2016 at 11:39 AM, Maurice Mecca said:

Thanks very much, I'll look into them.  I'll make sure to look out for you on the day.  I'll be the one looking like Boris Becker!

There's also a couple of AirBnB's in Pilton, also the Prestleigh Inn near Bath and West have rooms (and decent food)  

• 1 month later...

Great news, not so good for me, been out injured for the last 5 weeks with a grade 3 , medial ligamnet tear, so my hopes of going one better this year and getting into the top 10 are well and truly shot...

Still hoping I might be recovered enough to have a gentle bimble around the site as part of my rehabilitation, but even that is looking less and lesslikely as each week goes by and I still can barely manage the stairs :(

6 hours ago, BeddyDriver said:

Great news, not so good for me, been out injured for the last 5 weeks with a grade 3 , medial ligamnet tear, so my hopes of going one better this year and getting into the top 10 are well and truly shot...

Still hoping I might be recovered enough to have a gentle bimble around the site as part of my rehabilitation, but even that is looking less and lesslikely as each week goes by and I still can barely manage the stairs :(

I'll be bimbling with you, I think. My ankle (which is now two years fixed post-break) is really not cooperating with my Couch to 5K running training, and it's causing me serious pain after every outing and swelling to three times its size. I'm determined to finish the 5K course of the Festival Run, but I suspect it may be a 'Festival Power Walk' strapped up in hiking boots rather than an actual run, at the moment :( 

14 minutes ago, BeddyDriver said:

mmm, but then the plo thickens, as the 800 runners wont be wanting to go on their own, so youd have to add their partners/families

I cant see it....although I like the idea :)

Not necessarily. Partners/Families can still apply for tickets as per normal as they won't be running. If they are successful, the runner purchases their ticket later. If partners/families aren't successful, the runner doesn't take up the option of a ticket.

not quite that simple though is it, as most runners families come with them to the run...In my case my son is doing the 5k, Im in the 10k, and his mum will be coming to cheer us both on...  (well she would be.......I guess our only option is to pull out, and ask for refund )

Cant say I know anyone who will put running the race ahead of getting a ticket :(  

Edited by BeddyDriver