Brad2434

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 25 April 2016 at 4:37 PM, dentalplan said:

Yep. Playing the Avalon Café with band on Saturday. Hoping to make it but I sense clashes are on their way.

For anyone yet to check this geezer out then he's got a free EP here from a month or two back. 

Oddisee is my favourite rapper, saw him at the Jazz Cafe last year and many places before that. Surprised he's playing Avalon but it should make it easier to fool my non-hip-hop loving friends into watching him

20 minutes ago, DJ Cull said:

Oddisee is my favourite rapper, saw him at the Jazz Cafe last year and many places before that. Surprised he's playing Avalon but it should make it easier to fool my non-hip-hop loving friends into watching him

I don't think he is actually. I realised the other day that loads of acts are playing the Avalon Cafe, and barely any of them were the typical folk and swing type stuff that goes on there. Then it dawned on me that it must be the default Bandsintown venue for Glastonbury. Oops. :lol:

Guessing he'll be on one of the main stages now as I don't think there are any venues left for rappers in the other parts.

1 hour ago, jed300 said:

Gonna have to get my Paak fix by going to see Snakehips play money on me.

The Kaytranada dream isn't over yet, I don't think.

Edited by dentalplan

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I don't think he is actually. I realised the other day that loads of acts are playing the Avalon Cafe, and barely any of them were the typical folk and swing type stuff that goes on there. Then it dawned on me that it must be the default Bandsintown venue for Glastonbury. Oops. :lol:

Avalon Stages just posted, he's not on there. I'm guessing maybe John Peel? Or West Holts at a stretch?

Avalon Stages just posted, he's not on there. I'm guessing maybe John Peel? Or West Holts at a stretch?

30 minutes ago, dannygrif said:

I'm still clinging on to the thin slither of hope that Sir .Paak will show up...

I've pictured Am I Wrong in the afternoon sun on West Holts as my highlight of Glasto 2016 for most of this year. Don't ask. 

Touring America over Glastonbury weekend unfortunately... Not that I like to shatter anyone's dreams

Whilst he's technically on tour there are no gigs listed over Glastonbury weekend.

He could very easily fly in to play the Friday or Saturday, then fly out again to carry on touring the US. Acts do it all the time.

http://pitchfork.com/news/65200-anderson-paak-announces-tour/?mbid=social_facebook

06-21 Dallas, TX - House of Blues Dallas 
06-22 Houston, TX - House of Blues Houston
GLASTONBURY SIZED HOLE
06-27 Scranton, PA - The Pavilion at Montage Mountain
07-09 Rotterdam, Netherlands - North Sea Jazz

Just now, Junglist1981 said:

Whilst he's technically on tour there are no gigs listed over Glastonbury weekend.

He could very easily fly in to play the Friday or Saturday, then fly out again to carry on touring the US. Acts do it all the time.

http://pitchfork.com/news/65200-anderson-paak-announces-tour/?mbid=social_facebook

GLASTONBURY SIZED HOLE

This is exactly the thin slither of hope I'm desperately clinging on to. I pray that the Gods of Malibu are kind and gracious. 

Just now, Junglist1981 said:

GLASTONBURY SIZED HOLE

That's just not happening. He's in the UK the following weekend so why not just not do that Monday show and save lots of time and money travelling? The limited number of acts that do that are headline sized acts that can afford to do that shit as it pales in comparison to their fee.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's just not happening. He's in the UK the following weekend so why not just not do that Monday show and save lots of time and money travelling? The limited number of acts that do that are headline sized acts that can afford to do that shit as it pales in comparison to their fee.

Please. Leave me to grieve now. 

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ssssssshhhhhhhh you're spoiling my straw grasping! Bet they hate you in the Radiohead thread.

Besides, it could happen. Don't forget he's one of only 5 artists signed to Aftermath and they've got money coming out of their ears. They might see Glastonbury as a good bit of promo and worthy of the effort.

I'm sticking by that :)

8 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Ssssssshhhhhhhh you're spoiling my straw grasping! Bet they hate you in the Radiohead thread.

Besides, it could happen. Don't forget he's one of only 5 artists signed to Aftermath and they've got money coming out of their ears. They might see Glastonbury as a good bit of promo and worthy of the effort.

I'm sticking by that :)

I like this. I like you. 

Seriously though, that's actually a really good point. Now back to hanging on the cliff of hope by my fingernails. 

The optimistic angle is that a gig at Glastonbury is great exposure and worth flying over from the US and back again for.

The realistic angle is that a gig in Scranton is just a bog standard gig that isn't worth flying from the UK and back again for.

Unfortunately, if he was playing Glasto that Scranton gig wouldn't exist.

10 minutes ago, Bradders said:

The optimistic angle is that a gig at Glastonbury is great exposure and worth flying over from the US and back again for.

The realistic angle is that a gig in Scranton is just a bog standard gig that isn't worth flying from the UK and back again for.

Unfortunately, if he was playing Glasto that Scranton gig wouldn't exist.

Knowing nothing about it, Scranton sounds like a right shithole.