• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Michaels denim shorts said:

Dear people actually asking for rain..

what's wrong with you?

:o

I get hay fever. So I find the festival hard work if it is 5 days of blazing sunshine. A light shower every now and again helps keep the hay fever away. I find really hot temperatures quite oppressive. Having said that, I hope it's sunny all day on the Thursday as that's my naked day up at Lost Horizons :)

5 minutes ago, sime said:

I get hay fever. So I find the festival hard work if it is 5 days of blazing sunshine. A light shower every now and again helps keep the hay fever away. I find really hot temperatures quite oppressive. Having said that, I hope it's sunny all day on the Thursday as that's my naked day up at Lost Horizons :)

I get hayfever.  I actually find a little light rain makes it worse.

Rain.  Just say no kids.

Just now, sime said:

I suffer from gingerbearditus and obviously burn at even the slightest sun, - I have been burnt once this year already, in March. But NFR, a dry festival is better every time 

5 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

I get hayfever.  I actually find a little light rain makes it worse.

Rain.  Just say no kids.

I'm the exact opposite to you. I always feel more relaxed if there is the odd shower if it's a hot Glastonbury. Too much blazing hot sun runs me down.

There's no need to ask for rain to "keep the dust down" as they spray water on the paths during dry spells to do exactly that.

Ask for a light shower and you're just as likely to get a storm during your favourite act on an outside stage when your coat is on the other side of the site.

40 minutes ago, Untz said:

There's no need to ask for rain to "keep the dust down" as they spray water on the paths during dry spells to do exactly that.

Ask for a light shower and you're just as likely to get a storm during your favourite act on an outside stage when your coat is on the other side of the site

It's impossible to ask for weather. It just happens.

Even with the paths being sprayed, I have still found it very uncomfortable if there is nothing but full on sun for 5 days.

42 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Perhaps not walking round naked will help keep some of the sun off.

I don't walk around naked. The days of having that freedom are long gone from the festival. Which is a shame as being naked on a boiling hot day really helps to deal with it. Only place I'll be naked all day is at the Lost Horizons sauna area on Thursday.

There may be the odd lone wolf going around nude and I still do up in the ti-pi area but it's definitely not like it was in the old days when I and plenty of others used to happily nude up all over the place.

If I am nude in the sun I am more comfortable. But clothed or not, my hay fever still goes off really bad down at the farm if I don't get a break from constant sun. Don't get me wrong, I prefer a dry Glastonbury. But if it's a lovely hot and sunny one, I do like things to dampen down a bit with a light shower to refresh everything. Preferably at night obviously.

1 hour ago, sime said:

Even with the paths being sprayed, I have still found it very uncomfortable if there is nothing but full on sun for 5 days.

I was going to point that out. Saying you want a small shower at 8 in the morning isn't like asking for 'a touch of Mayo' in a sandwich shop and getting your butty smothered - weather just happens. There aren't weather gods listening to what we're asking for and getting it a little bit wrong!

2 hours ago, Untz said:

Ask for a light shower and you're just as likely to get a storm during your favourite act on an outside stage when your coat is on the other side of the site.

I bet water aid are thrilled with that use of water!

2 hours ago, sime said:

The clouds have ears, didn't you know? 

(I know you can't ask for weather, but what is the weather thread without a touch of hysteria?)

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

I bet water aid are thrilled with that use of water!

Whereas the use of wood chips and straw in muddy years is completely waste free. 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah....Water Aid's goals aren't really to do with UK water conservation.

Bit difficult for them to educate people on the necessity of not wasting water when the festival are doing just that because of a bit of dust.

58 minutes ago, dannygrif said:

I feel like there should be a weather-related Thingy so I can frantically hunt out potential links and fool myself into thinking there will be any patterns to the weather we'll get this year. Has it already been done? 

There was a chart on here last year (?) of predicted rainfall on various websites vs actual rainfall for the past few years. That's about as close to a Weather Thingy as we've had I think.