Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, alibear said:

Is it true that we generally get whether from the direction of the Tor? That's what my dad told me but I wasn't sure if it was some kind of urban myth. 

Yes generally from SW so from the Tor round to Worthy View roughly.

I don't know why we bother with the weather forecasts, when the bbc is telling me it's dry and sunny right now, with contradicts somewhat the monsoon I can hear attacking my tent. How can they predict the future when they can't even tell what's happening right now

4 minutes ago, uscore said:

I don't know why we bother with the weather forecasts, when the bbc is telling me it's dry and sunny right now, with contradicts somewhat the monsoon I can hear attacking my tent. How can they predict the future when they can't even tell what's happening right now

And there's me sitting at home watching the BBC weather feeling glad it looks dry there. Sorry that's not the case...

6 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Currently in the midst of what I can only describe as a biblical monsoon attacking my tent. Wish this weather would just make its fecking mind up!

The gutting thing is, a few miles either side of the site, it's not even raining. 

image.png

Edited by Craigston

49 minutes ago, uscore said:

I can't believe that the bbc and met office are sticking with their forecast for today, absolutely belting down for hours now. Definitely not looking forward to walking round today the mud has already killed my back.

One day I will see a dry Glastonbury.

22 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

This is worse than '07 and '05 for me. Those years still had a good day or two. This has just been relentless from the off, then enough sun to bake the mud so it turns into clay. And then more rain again. It's having a massive toll on my enjoyment TBH, not gonna lie. 

I think my brain has erased any memory of sun from 07. I was sure it just pissed down the whole time?! 

5 minutes ago, Craigston said:

Worse than '07 is a bold statement. Don't remember ANY good days that year either  just an hour or two. 

That's what I thought. Sun looked glorious yesterday during Foals, there was certainly none of that in 07. 

26 minutes ago, Craigston said:

Worse than '07 is a bold statement. Don't remember ANY good days that year either  just an hour or two. 

'07 wasn't this muddy from the off. Conditions underfoot worse IMO.

The sun is nice but at this stage it becomes a mixed blessing - causes the ground to turn to clay a lot quicker, makes walking a lot more of a task than just walking through liquid mud and massively slows down foot traffic between stages as a result. Oh well, not like we can control any of this...

4 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

'07 wasn't this muddy from the off. Conditions underfoot worse IMO.

The sun is nice but at this stage it becomes a mixed blessing - causes the ground to turn to clay a lot quicker, makes walking a lot more of a task than just walking through liquid mud and massively slows down foot traffic between stages as a result. Oh well, not like we can control any of this...

Sounds a nightmare. I read somewhere that its unusual to have such heavy rain in run up to Glasto which I guess has made it difficult going underfoot. Hope you make the best of it. Your calves must be killing