Weather 2016

Keithy

Fuck this thread moves quick, can't keep up!

All packed and leaving about 1:00 for our B&B in Somerset.  Sayonara brothers & sisters.  Enjoy the best party on the planet and I look forward to reading your war stories afterwards.  Peace & Love to you all.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, MikeJ86 said:

We had 2 severe weather warnings at secret garden party last year. Horrific rain. As long as you had waterproof clothing you were totally fine.  

Secret Garden Party last year was astonishing. A months worth of rain fell in 2 days. It was biblical and I'm glad this weekend is going to be nothing like that! 

Just now, mark_87 said:

How does the forecast look compared to the forecast for 2014 at this stage?

That was the last festival I went to so would be a useful street as it the conditions.

Thanks

That year the site undergone a full metal brutalising in the run up, so it's never going to be a like for like, I'm afraid.

If it's sunny then ideal....if it's not....would you rather be home in the rain? Or at Glastonbury in the rain? Sad sacks need to lighten up...I know pleanty on here would have killed (probably literally in some cases) for your ticket so make the most of it, appreciate it, and have a blast......and remember when your under the influence rain seems fun anyway!

Edited by waterfalls212434

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That year the site undergone a full metal brutalising in the run up, so it's never going to be a like for like, I'm afraid.

even a broadbrush comparison will suffice!

Edited by mark_87

17 minutes ago, Porcelina said:

Doing my bit by going to see The Tallest Man on Earth at the Royal Albert Hall tonight.

Needless to say, if he plays this, I will be in trainers on Thursday morning: 

Still absolutely gutted that for the last 2 years he has had gigs in the UK during Glasto week and he hasn't been booked to appear. Have an amazing time tonight. What a venue to see him in! 

Just now, mark_87 said:

This will be (far) worse underfoot, initially, especially if you're going tomorrow.

If it escapes a drenching similar to the one that happened on the Friday in 2014 and the worst of the rain is now out of the way, then by the Saturday the conditions underfoot should be about the same.

If it gets marmalised by rainwater again then it's going to be like wading through porridge all weekend.

4 minutes ago, mark_87 said:

2014 was dry when we got there - 2016 is very wet

2014 it rained on Thursday afternoon/evening and we had  a mega storm Friday and more rain Saturday all falling on dryish ground. 2016 anything that falls has little or nowhere to go so if it rains it could well get very bad very quickly especially if we get a heavy storm.

Put simply, there is no comparison.

2 minutes ago, MikeJ86 said:

got a link?

just the standard cam and look bottom left - that little triangle of paths in front of the cider bus area is a traditional lake. I have photos of them using diggers to scoop tonnes of mud and water out of there, today it's just a little damp patch.

recent_full.jpg

Latest BBC update has Weds afternoon rain band slightly further north and Pilton has been downgraded from Heavy to Light rain although the map shows no rain.

Light rain from 3am to 5am tomorrow morning has been added though.

Met Office site agrees with the former but has no rain for the early hours. The likely hood of afternoon rain they have is only 50%

Keep the faith.