Weather 2016

Keithy

1 hour ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Based on recent years I'd discount Norway now and focus on Met Office. 

They have light rain shower Wed am and possibility of light rain shower Friday pm. 

Not much sun, mainly cool with clouds. 

Would take that in a heartbeat. Still time for it to change though - from this pint last year, it got suddenly worse for a day then suddenly better, then at the last minute decided that the worse scenario was the correct one. 

Sounds almost identical to last year, which I am 100% on board with.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Is there a staple Norwegian beer? If so I'll drink it religiously at the festival.

My girlfriend is half Norwegian so been a few times. Can't really think of a specific Norwegian beer. They do drink a spirit called Aquavit. It's pretty ruff though. Would be far from plesant to drink warm Aquavut in the full swing of the festival! Gross.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akvavit

24 minutes ago, Calum stoke said:

My girlfriend is half Norwegian so been a few times. Can't really think of a specific Norwegian beer. They do drink a spirit called Aquavit. It's pretty ruff though. Would be far from plesant to drink warm Aquavut in the full swing of the festival! Gross.  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akvavit

Aquavut.... 

That name brings back very, very messy memories....

Whatever anyone does at this years festival; do not.... I repeat... DO NOT!!! get far too excited on the Wednesday, smash down 6 pints of brothers and then attempt to drink 8 shots of this brutal drink in a row...

It will not end well....

id take this metcheck forecast anyday of the week.......rain every day but tiny tiny amounts(talking 0.1, 0.2mm mainly with the most being 1.1mm on the Sunday afternoon which is still a tiny amount) also Wednesday and Thursday coming up to a pleasant but not to hot 22/23 degrees http://www.metcheck.com/UK/today.asp?zipcode=Glastonbury&locationID=57455&lat=51.1&lon=-2.7&findtype=

Also at times not much cloud coverage (10% or less) that equals nice blue sky :)

Edited by waterfalls212434

Accuweather less optimisitc but the clickbait headline of this article 

`It's inevitable: Rainy spells set to dampen Glastonbury 2016`

doesnt seem to match the report which states ` "There is a risk of the odd shower or two on Wednesday for the start of the festival, but overall, it does not look like a washout day," AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Jason Nicholls said. `

"Brief showers are going to move into the area each day, but all of the heavy rain will miss Glastonbury to the east," Roys said.

With no washout expected during the weekend, spectators will be able to enjoy the weekend's big acts at the Pyramid Stage, including Adele and Coldplay. However, odd showers could muddy the grounds.

Throughout the week, some intervals of sunshine are possible, especially on Friday and Saturday. Any longer duration of sunshine could require sun cream.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/glastonbury-festival-2016-heavy-rain-to-steer-clear-uk-showery-weather/58285037

This is starting to feel like the secret resale thread did when we were all looking for a pattern from the past, trying to work out what the small changes in the code on the ticket pages may mean, lots of contradictory ideas from lots of different sources and ending up with things happening in a way no one had predicted. I've only just recovered from that thread and now the weather and the forecasts are doing it at me!

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/forecast/uk/Glastonbury

this ones good as well....most importantly for the ground drying up forecasting no rain at all on the Tuesday and very little from Wednesday to Sunday (for the unknowing when sites say 0.1/0.2mm etc thats the kind of rain that feels like a tiny bit of spitting....youd barely feel it)

The threatening cloud has now passed over during the night, whether anything fell I don't know, but clear skies again now.

Fingers crossed that it stays that way, current predictions of some overnight rain tonight might not be best for those queuing.

I suspect that this year we might see more people deciding to arrive later than the usual early doors rush, we'll see.