Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, jumbomcnutt said:

Decided to look at some of the more popular weather sites ... and then aggregate the predictions for each day. Here are the results (done at Sunday 19th June 4pm).

Wed- Cloud (possibly light rain)

Thur- Cloud

Fri- Sunny

Sat- Sunny (possible light rain)

Sun- Sunny

Image of the data:

will it rain.png

New aggregated weather has changed since 15 hours ago. We now have:

Wed- light rain

Thur- light rain / cloud

Fri- rain (big swing, previously sun)

Sat- rain (another swing from Sun to rain)

Sun- Mixed. 

The fact it has swung so much in under 15 hours means it will be one of those "could go either way" - prepare for all types of weather. At least it isnt 24/7 rain all week. Think positive. By this evening they could all predict sun again.

weather aggregator 20th june.png

Edited by jumbomcnutt

10 minutes ago, slipmatt said:

Not packing wellies? You my friend are mad :)

Ankle high walking boots are fine for mud in fact better, better grip, no chance of being sucked off if laced up well, comfier. I've never taken wellys yet and got on fine even with the mud of 2014. Wellys are meant for bad weather yes but not exactly comfy for walking miles and you do pleanty of that at glastonbury! I always wear shorts as well. Legs can be wiped off easier then trousers 

Just now, waterfalls212434 said:

Ankle high walking boots are fine for mud in fact better, better grip, no chance of being sucked off if laced up well, comfier. I've never taken wellys yet and got on fine even with the mud of 2014. Wellys are meant for bad weather yes but not exactly comfy for walking miles and you do pleanty of that at glastonbury! I always wear shorts as well. Legs can be wiped off easier then trousers 

Unless mud goes dry and you try pick that off your leg hairs. Ouch 

2 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

ha ha

2 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I hear ya - in fact I'm using a hybrid this year (gotta some rigger boots). Walking boots are a good call - if, and it's a big if, it turns out like 2007 (which I'm sure it won't) you might make a quick trip to the camping shop :)

lost my my walking boots a few years ago - gutted as loved them :(

To be fair @Padgey those photos are all in areas of heavy usage - remember the campsites will mostly be untouched over the last few weeks so most people will be ok setting up, unless you decide to camp on the edge of a path. 

I've been told they're going around with bark and hay today so try and counter the most problematic pathways. 

if you let the weather / mud bother you then you'll have a worst festival for it.

whatever your chosen weapon is be that wellies / walking boots / canoe will be fine in the terrain.

the only things you need to worry about is making sure you have a full drink and don't run out of whatever else your poison is B)

chin up folks. this time in 48 hours most of us will be in touching distance of our favourite place on earth. lap it up, enjoy it but DON'T let the weather have an affect on your experience.

1 minute ago, rpfranks said:

To be fair @Padgey those photos are all in areas of heavy usage - remember the campsites will mostly be untouched over the last few weeks so most people will be ok setting up, unless you decide to camp on the edge of a path. 

I've been told they're going around with bark and hay today so try and counter the most problematic pathways. 

You're right @rpfranks, to be honest after I posted them I didn't want people to think I was being downbeat or anything but more giving people a heads up.  The camping areas are good, at least the tent pegs will fly in.  We've got 3 days for the stage areas to dry out.

10 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

So what you're saying is, if we wear wellies, there is at least a small chance of being sucked off?