Weather 2016

Keithy

41 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Most years I'm a bit narked that we always arrive on a Thursday morning. This year might be one of the years I'm a bit thankful.

You are probably right, although we arrived about midnight Wednesday in 2011.  Was the worst time I've ever had getting onsite, the state of the ground around the gate for a good few hundred meters either side made trolleys pointless.  I reckon it took us an hour to get from car park to Dairy ground and we just basically set up our tents in the mud and collapsed for the night after a run to the lockups.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are pretending to be a flamingo on Twitter and having a conversation with basil brush about the mud I think things are getting out of hand.....maybe I should come off the internet for a few hours.

1 hour ago, uscore said:

Oh God, I'd forgotten about this.

I thought the worst people on earth were those who brushed their teeth at the sinks, causing massive queues at the sinks, when you can clearly brush your teeth by your tent.

But washing your boots at the sinks causing massive puddles also deserves a place in hell 

I brush and step back from sink... Stops a queue and saves the ground from my toothpaste.    When I'm down there people cotton on and realise they are mobile and not tied to brushing over the sink... Hopefully it will catch on...

Edited by Peroni

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Don't forget the muddy conditions round the urinals on Saturday and Sunday morning after dickhead blokes queue to get inside the urinals then pass against the side of the tarpaulin onto the ground.

This always does my head in. The urinals just off the west holts field for some reason at night are visited by blokes who walk past them and then piss behind the structure. Sometimes I think people must just think it's funny. I'll be getting my shakey fist out if I see any more of that next week.

54 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yep, they seem to be considered weather gods on these boards based solely on them getting it right once several years ago. Nowadays it barely mentions Glastonbury specifically and it's based on old data. 

Yes, a tedious tradition. It's simple data from BBC/ Metoffice. You'd get more up to date stuff by simply clicking on the website.

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Don't forget the muddy conditions round the urinals on Saturday and Sunday morning after dickhead blokes queue to get inside the urinals then pass against the side of the tarpaulin onto the ground.

I hate men :P

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

Yes, a tedious tradition. It's simple data from BBC/ Metoffice. You'd get more up to date stuff by simply clicking on the website.

The Countryfile forecast is like the secret piano bar of the weather forecast world.

6 minutes ago, Jugtanion said:

This always does my head in. The urinals just off the west holts field for some reason at night are visited by blokes who walk past them and then piss behind the structure. Sometimes I think people must just think it's funny. I'll be getting my shakey fist out if I see any more of that next week.

Take a photo, post it on Twitter with the hashtag #smallpenis try not to get the penis in the picture though that would be bad.

Unfortunately there are some absolutely horrendous website forecasts today:

mean 19.JPGmax 19.JPG

I.e. they are worse than 2014's forecasts at the same stage and 2014's the day before the festival.

However, they were looking fine only a day ago, so we'll have to see if this is just a blip

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'll only change to wellies if I get to the site and boots just can't hack it, but given that I wouldn't wear wellies traversing the peat bogs of the highlands I dunno if this will be the year I have to start waddling about the place like Jimmy Cricket.

Boots with gaiters can stand up to anything. I have never worn wellies on site and was there for both 2005 and 2007. 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Some egghead on the Beeb has just confirmed this view.

He said it'll start to feel a lot more summery, but if the site catches a storm square amidships then conditions will go medieval. 

Yeh, it's a bit of a surprise this because the models didn't really support this idea until recently. Annoyingly if it is going to get hot, humid and thundery we won't really know whether it's going to piss it down or not until the day as storms are hit and miss. 

I still think if we can prepare ourselves for some downpours, muddy conditions, but fine and warm weather in-between then everyone will be happy. I'm pretty pleased with the forecast - it could be a hell of a lot worse!