Weather 2016

Keithy

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Glasgow's ridiculously sunny again today, I'm in danger of losing my trademark pastey white complexion. 

My winter whiteness has been blown wel out the water the last few days, it's been glorious up here

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

My winter whiteness has been blown wel out the water the last few days, it's been glorious up here

The downside is that everyone's that perennially drunk way that only comes with all day beer garden drinking.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

23 here in Nottingham and it's borderline too hot for festivaling. I'd take this weather all day long but a degree or two more and it'd be too much!

I don't think most people can tell the difference between a few degrees- I'm sure people can only distinguish between blocks of 5 or 10 degrees C, so essentially there are really only 6 percievable temperatures:

anything below 0 = freezing

0 to 10 = cold

10 to 15 = okay

15 to 20 = warm

20 to 30 = hot

30+ = roasting

I haven't tested out my theory on living test subjects yet, but I shall aim to do so in the days ahead.

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I don't think most people can tell the difference between a few degrees- I'm sure people can only distinguish between blocks of 5 or 10 degrees C, so essentially there are really only 6 percievable temperatures:

anything below 0 = freezing

0 to 10 = cold

10 to 15 = okay

15 to 20 = warm

20 to 30 = hot

30+ = roasting

I haven't tested out my theory on living test subjects yet, but I shall aim to do so in the days ahead.

Not true. You seriously don't think you can tell the difference between 14 and 17 degrees?  

Manchester was sweltering today, 25 degrees but so, so humid. I don't mind the heat but if it's humid at a festival, it's not ideal. 

Seriously hope the weather hasn't peaked already and we get a bit of this in a couple of weeks.

Edited by kaytee...

13 minutes ago, Thevorpalblade said:

We want it to rain now. Lots.

I'd like more than the whole of June's average rainfall (and some) to arrive well before the 22nd. Then, statistically, there's likely to be less thereafter (until July).

This is where I am. Not too pleased with the perfect dry weather just now. 

I reckon it's going to rain lots just before or during the festival. 

32 minutes ago, Thevorpalblade said:

We want it to rain now. Lots.

I'd like more than the whole of June's average rainfall (and some) to arrive well before the 22nd. Then, statistically, there's likely to be less thereafter (until July).

That's not how statistics work.