Weather 2016

Keithy

no matter what the weather is like . i always have a good time

but  I have to admit if it is sunny and warm the whole vibe is lifted and everyone is nicer. and you get the bonus of being able to sit anywhere .

SUN SUN SUN SUN SUN 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glastonbury has a habit of dropping a sudden deluge on you completely contrary to any weather forecast. The Mary J Blige last year was full of confused people in sun hats and tank tops looking very uncomfortable.

I enjoy the thrill of the build-up though; the isobars, rising/falling pressures, North Atlanic Drift and all!

Any more updates?

From accu weather, would take that at the moment apart from the Weds storm, unfortunately way too early.

A shower and t-storm around
20° Lo 11°

Hist. Avg.

20° Lo 10°

Partly sunny, showers around
19° Lo 13°

Hist. Avg.

20° Lo 11°

Sunny intervals, a t-storm
20° Lo 12°

Hist. Avg.

20° Lo 11°

A thunderstorm or two
20° Lo 13°

Hist. Avg.

20° Lo 11°

Partly sunny, showers around
20° Lo 13°

Hist. Avg.

20° Lo 11°

Some sun with a shower
21° Lo 12°

Hist. Avg.

20° Lo 11°

Mostly cloudy
19° Lo 12°

Hist. Avg.

20° Lo 11°

Sun and clouds
19° Lo 12°

Hist. Avg.

21° Lo 11°

Partly sunny
20° Lo 11°

Hist. Avg.

21° Lo 11°

Clouds and showers around
20° Lo 12°

Hist. Avg.

21° Lo 11°

A blend of sun and clouds
20° Lo 12°

Hist. Avg.

21° Lo 12°

Partial sunshine
20° Lo 13°

Hist. Avg.

21° Lo 12°

Jul 1

Clouds and sun with a shower
20° Lo 13°

Hist. Avg.

21° Lo 12°

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Chances are it'll be a bad one.

"Britain could face a washout summer followed by another barrage of autumn storms and a bitterly cold winter as the atmosphere struggles to re-adjust.

The most immediate threat is on the summer with Britons waving farewell to any hopes of warm sunny weather if a La Nina pattern becomes established."

YES! We must be close now.

Normal service has been resumed.

Welcome back, DoomsDayer SoothSayer. We've missed you.

:)

Ben

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

"Britain could face a washout summer followed by another barrage of autumn storms and a bitterly cold winter as the atmosphere struggles to re-adjust.

The most immediate threat is on the summer with Britons waving farewell to any hopes of warm sunny weather if a La Nina pattern becomes established."

from the Express, it must be true. :P

Looking forward to the usual Metro platitude of "Glastonbury revellers have been advised to pack both suncream *and* wellies, as experts predict a washout with sunny spells/ heatwave with patches of rain".

In short, there will be weather at Glastonbury.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Next week they'll be reporting that it'll be a barbecue summer!

18 hours ago, The Nal said:

The last few times that they have said things like this we have had a nice festival. The wet and cold ones usual come after they have been banging on about heatwaves

Having had the pleasure to attend Glastonbury 10 times I've learned that rain should be expected and prepared for (but not tolerated, the liquidy bastard...) 

In short, it's rained at 90% of the Glastos I've been to (God bless you, 2010) so it seems to me quite likely that it'll rain at the next one I go to (apologies 2016 ticket holders).

That said, I remember little in the way of rain on Wednesdays at the festival so my fingers are crossed that particular run continues.

Most important thing to say is that even when it pretty much rains non-step all weekend (take a bow 2007) it's still great fun. so don't worry too much, but obviously feel free to check the forecast twenty-three times an hour from now on.

10 minutes ago, Finding leto14 said:

Come on now. rain is no where near as welcome as the sun. Sun = insane amounts of fun and everyone in a great mood. Rain = a good festival with everyone in a "good" mood

I'm not one of them, but there were certainly a few people on this forum who said they'd favour (some) rain over a repeat of the heat of 2010.

Sunshine and some clouds
22° Lo 10°

Hist. Avg.

20° Lo 11°

Clouds and sun with a t-storm
23° Lo 11°

Hist. Avg.

20° Lo 11°

Mostly cloudy
24° Lo 12°

Hist. Avg.

20° Lo 11°

Partly sunny with a shower
23° Lo 11°

Hist. Avg.

20° Lo 11°

A shower and t-storm around
22° Lo 12°

Hist. Avg.

21° Lo 11°

Looks like the forecast is improving, just hope this was accurate.

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

You hope that thunder storms on two of the days is accurate?

OK so not hoping for them but considering the previous forecasts were for rain most of the days I would take a couple of possible thunderstorms "around". If they are around then there is a chance they are NOT overhead.