Reading Festival Newby

Collette

Going to Reading with the hubster & daughter, wanted to do a festival as a family before the daughter is no longer too young to go on her own and wont want the oldies hanging around. Need help with the following questions, have friends that have been to Glasto but none have done Reading. Thanks in advance for any tips posted :)

- Is there restrictions on tent size? been told to go on the Wednesday as there is more space to choose from & pitching a 4 man tent will be easier, (& yes we are planning on going to the white area as us oldies need our sleep and yes we know it will mean a lot of walking!)

-  If it opens for camping at 6pm what time do people rock up in their cars to queue to get in?

- Saw on last years site map there were showers?! Are they any good, do they cost money?

Saw Twenty One Pilots in London this year & cant wait to see them again.

Agreed a 4 man will be fine, especially if you go in on the wednesday/white area.

As for the showers, haven't used them myself and don't know anyone that has personally, but I believe they're pretty basic, if you decide to use them you'll probably want to bring a swimsuit. All I recall about seeing them is the queues are pretty long so you would have to be up pretty early if you decide you can be bothered!

Also looking forward to seeing twenty one pilots again, fantastic live!^_^

On 3/13/2016 at 6:30 PM, Collette said:

Going to Reading with the hubster & daughter, wanted to do a festival as a family before the daughter is no longer too young to go on her own and wont want the oldies hanging around. Need help with the following questions, have friends that have been to Glasto but none have done Reading. Thanks in advance for any tips posted :)

- Is there restrictions on tent size? been told to go on the Wednesday as there is more space to choose from & pitching a 4 man tent will be easier, (& yes we are planning on going to the white area as us oldies need our sleep and yes we know it will mean a lot of walking!)

-  If it opens for camping at 6pm what time do people rock up in their cars to queue to get in?

- Saw on last years site map there were showers?! Are they any good, do they cost money?

No tent size restrictions and white doesn't fill up very fast, you should be fine with a 4 man tent, people will start queuing that morning, i've never arrived much before 2 but there are normally queues at that point, Showers are free but can get dirty, i'd advise going as early in the morning as possible before they get dirty (although saying that, me nor anyone i know has ever showered in them, i'm just going off what i've been told). Hope you enjoy it!

On 3/13/2016 at 6:30 PM, Collette said:

No restrictions on tent size, 4 man will be fine. White is probably the least likely to fill up so you won't have a problem finding a spot. 

As Wednesday is early entry, coupled with the fact white won't fill up quickly , you should be fine getting there any time on the Wednesday evening.

Showers are very primitive, if they don't tickle your fancy then there is always Rivermead leisure centre which I believe a lot of people go to aswell (will be queues) although from white that is going to be quite a long walk just for a shower. Not sure whether the leisure centre showers cost, if you do decide to go bring some money just in case, but the festival showers are free. Personally I would just use a combination of wet wipes, dry shampoo and /or fill up a big container of water if you want to properly wash your hair.