Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/01/2018 at 10:34 PM, Memory Man said:

there will be an announcement before the month is out. I know one of the headliners and its a biggie :) no idea who they'll be getting apart from that though.

Bigger than previous or about as big? Because I’d consider all the headliners they’ve had big for a 5,000 capacity festival really

as its tomorrow i think we can do clues.

they've already been announced for another UK festival in 2018.

They have strategically also been placed as the Sunday headliner to keep people from leaving / encourage ticket day ticket sales for not just saturday. This isnt part of the clue just an observation.

Edited by Memory Man

3 hours ago, evannn said:

Bigger than previous or about as big? Because I’d consider all the headliners they’ve had big for a 5,000 capacity festival really

its not a 5000 capacity festival. its an 8000 capacity festival that doesnt sell out and has about 5000 attendees :lol:

Edited by Memory Man

Expanded to 4 days for an extra £29 per person. Makes it a dear do for a family of four and runs the risk of having a sparse crowd if the Thursday band isn't a good un. 

Going for Moby, Royskopp, Everything Everything and possibly Hot Chip if the LCD tour has finished by then. Possibly Jamiroquai for the tenuous Space Cowboy reference.

7 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

They have strategically also been placed as the Sunday headliner to keep people from leaving / encourage ticket day ticket sales for not just saturday. This isnt part of the clue just an observation.

It's the Chemical Brothers I think. At Boardmasters which is the other end of the country and are in Milan two days before.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

4 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

That's not much of a clue :lol:

Robert Plant? 

9 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

its not a 5000 capacity festival. its an 8000 capacity festival that doesnt sell out and has about 5000 attendees :lol:

Haha, I just based it on the number from efests page. Has the site changed between 2016 and this year at all do you know?

Trying to decide which of this/latitude/houghton to go to,  thinking I may well do more than one but the girlfriend probably won’t 

9 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

It's the Chemical Brothers

God I hope so

15 minutes ago, evannn said:

Haha, I just based it on the number from efests page. Has the site changed between 2016 and this year at all do you know?

Trying to decide which of this/latitude/houghton to go to,  thinking I may well do more than one but the girlfriend probably won’t 

God I hope so

Ill go one further and say Everything Everything for the Thursday.

Upon further investigation, the Chems are doing European shows that weekend. I know it’s possible, but seems unlikely they’d come back and then out to mainland Europe again.

Also I dunno if they could justify £35 for EE unless there’s more on the Thursday, especially as their current Manchester show is ~£20 a pop and hasn’t sold out yet

9 minutes ago, evannn said:

Upon further investigation, the Chems are doing European shows that weekend. I know it’s possible, but seems unlikely they’d come back and then out to mainland Europe again.

Also I dunno if they could justify £35 for EE unless there’s more on the Thursday, especially as their current Manchester show is ~£20 a pop and hasn’t sold out yet

The eurojaunt won't be a problem for the Chems. EE are the most obvious so far due to them being local and playing Benicassim that weekend (date not confirmed yet. Stick em with a similar sized band and a couple of DJ's and the appetite for people to get a good camping spot and you should get a half decent night time crowd.

Edited by DiscothequeDave
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, evannn said:

Standing is 25 quid and sold out a while back. All thats left are some naff seats 

8 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Standing is 25 quid and sold out a while back. All thats left are some naff seats 

Ah, didn’t think about a seated venue just saw there were tickets available. Also, as an aside, it always surprises me that ticket prices vary for the same tour. Norwich tickets are £21.50 inc fees

As suggested on the prev page, another EE sized band alongside them would be a decent Thursday draw (I can’t go back and quote from two pages)