Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

16 minutes ago, naarjtie said:

Strangely enough we've had 100 submissions and 90% of them are asking to keep same weekend. 

That's probably because the festival are only asking the question to people who have bought tickets for this year's festival so - presumably - they are ok with the same weekend.

Last year it was during the school holidays and there were loads of kids there.  This year it's during term time and ticket sales have suffered.  Pretty straight forward really.

3 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Send the emails to the punters who went last year, I think you would get a different take on it

Very good point! It will be going out on facebook and twitter too but for completeness we'll get it sent to previous attendees too :)

Edited by naarjtie
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, michael eavis' beard said:

Last year it was during the school holidays and there were loads of kids there.  This year it's during term time and ticket sales have suffered.  Pretty straight forward really.

Strangely, we've actually sold far more accross all childrens age groups than last year. I too would have expected it to go down slightly.

We'll be sending an email to all previous attendees asking the question too. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, naarjtie said:

Strangely, we've actually sold far more accross all childrens age groups than last year. I too would have expected it to go down slightly.

We'll be sending an email to all previous attendees asking the question too. 

I think that was because it was so good, so punters like me and the family were desperate to go back, and wanted to find a way/excuse to return. You would have had even more success I think during the holidays, I think tickets would have sold out quite quickly. Do you know why the decision was made to do it during term time? I apologise I don't know who you are, but presumably you are well connected with the festival?

This festival has so much potential, I think you just need to keep it true to the original ethos. Festivals like these are the future of festivals for me, to get the young'uns interested in music, science and enjoying the presence and interaction with other people

Edited by dingbat2

22 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

? I apologise I don't know who you are, but presumably you are well connected with the festival?

He's 1 of these not tell you which 1 as it all adds to the mystery.

these 2 are quickly becoming the mark zukerberg and Stephen Hawkins of the festival scene ! 

1 hour ago, naarjtie said:

100% wanted to avoid the furore following last years dates change and ensure we pick a date the majority is happy with! 

The weekend will occasionally have to change depending on what astronomical work is planned at the observatory - we have to select a weekend where the skies are, er, quieter, as of course observatory work takes priority! This article explains why music festivals + live observations don't always mix. 

Strangely enough we've had 100 submissions and 90% of them are asking to keep same weekend. 

I've been down on site today and must say it's looking incredible. Look forward to seeing everyone there! 

Understandable re: the dates. Flip side of having the festival in school holidays is that there's always a proportion of families that'll be away on holiday anyway. I don't think it's going to make a massive difference attendance wise tbh. 

Personally can't wait for this weekend. Gonna be a great one.

Oh and whilst I'm on - I know you can't take chairs into the arena - we're planning on pulling our 3 year old around in times of tiredness in a small festival cart/trolley - is this allowed in the arena?

And for next year, can you please book Royksopp? - would be a great fit.

TIA

Edited by DiscothequeDave

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

while this bloke was clearly going over the top, you could smell weed really badly like all weekend tbh.... I can smell that sh*t off for miles and was surprised how much was about for a "family festival" lol

9 hours ago, naarjtie said:

I've been down on site today and must say it's looking incredible. Look forward to seeing everyone there! 

Hello stranger, hopefully see you around on Saturday., 

1 hour ago, dirty_dog said:

I was told the dates had been moved because of work being done to the Observatory. 

apparently true - tbh they should have just said this initially when everyone was complaining about it, as I'm sure giving the reason would have been appreciated

17 hours ago, naarjtie said:

100% wanted to avoid the furore following last years dates change and ensure we pick a date the majority is happy with! 

The weekend will occasionally have to change depending on what astronomical work is planned at the observatory - we have to select a weekend where the skies are, er, quieter, as of course observatory work takes priority! This article explains why music festivals + live observations don't always mix. 

it probably would have been appreciate just to let folk know why it changed, as that makes total sense :)

Personally I prefer it a bit later as is a bit close to Glastonbury in which I take 2 weeks off, so coming into work for 4 days to be off for another 3 not so great (but employer is fine)

really looking forward to this again as last year was great - one question though if you can help? where is the night owl camping v early risers camping? as seen this referred to on info pack sent out? I am assuming night owls area is the 1st field as you come through the gates that lies left of the welfare tent when looking at the map?

cheers :) 

14 minutes ago, Kiki Rodriquez said:

Hi All

Can anyone let me know if it is possible to buy Day Tickets on site? 

I can see on the map a Box Office. so hopefully it is possible from there.

Thanks in advance

Kiki

i think it says there is limited availability that can be bought on site, send message to Bluedot on FB as quite quick in replies

3 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Long shot but does anyone know if they have any plug sockets near the camping bit? Got an airbed that only pumps up via a plug. 

Thanks in advance.

Sorted now. Looks like the predicted thunderstorms didn't happen. 

Roll on tomorrow (after the Arcade Fire of course)

On 7/3/2017 at 9:33 PM, shoptildrop said:

while this bloke was clearly going over the top, you could smell weed really badly like all weekend tbh.... I can smell that sh*t off for miles and was surprised how much was about for a "family festival" lol

What a boring c**t. Similar age to me and lives near by. Thank fuck I don't know him!

Btw I mean the fella from the men article not you bud!

Edited by nowthen2k6

On 06/07/2017 at 6:01 PM, DiscothequeDave said:

Roll on tomorrow (after the Arcade Fire of course)

Likewise, just left Manchester now on way there. Only doing day ticket tomorrow though.