Blue Dot Festival

eastynh

There is a latenight stargazing buffet option as well at around 40 quid, but we went for the full price one as never eaten a sit down meal at a festival, and its (sort of) our anniversary as we first got together at Latitude 4 years ago!

Went for the Saturday afternoon option, so hopefully won't miss too much. Maybe just Lanterns on the Lake with orchestra (which admittedly does sound great).

Still no set times released, although various bands and scientists are mentioning their own times via twitter.

Edited by axel75

14 hours ago, mandolin said:

I looked at the restaurant thing a while ago - I'm a big foody, love cooking and have always wanted to try some of AO'B's food.  I think the proper dinner type thing was £75. We decided that we wouldn't go for it because it seemed a bit pricey even for posh festival food and we didn't know what our chosen time would clash with. Mr Mandolin decided to treat me to the Sunday lunch thing (£40!!!) on the basis that it's probably the only chance we'll get to try his food given his restaurant prices and there will probably not be anything unmissable at 12 on Sunday.  And I really want to see if his Yorkshire puds are as good as mine.

I would like the times before I get there too.  Is there any good reason that anyone can think of that means they couldn't let us know the times beforehand?  If clash finder is right, we have a nasty clash that I'd like to get my head around - though completely recognise the first-world-problemness of that.  Failing advance notice, we'll make a last minute decision and - chances are - it'll work out just grand.  It would stop me from having the pleasure of obsessively thinking it about though -  sorted the packing when I washed the Glasto stuff so am feeling at a bit of a loose end and need something to keep my mind off real world stuff like work.   

10 hours ago, axel75 said:

There is a latenight stargazing buffet option as well at around 40 quid, but we went for the full price one as never eaten a sit down meal at a festival, and its (sort of) our anniversary as we first got together at Latitude 4 years ago!

Went for the Saturday afternoon option, so hopefully won't miss too much. Maybe just Lanterns on the Lake with orchestra (which admittedly does sound great).

Still no set times released, although various bands and scientists are mentioning their own times via twitter.

Hope you both enjoy it! Sounds pretty awesome :) It's tempting to go for it, but I feel like I'm going to spend enough money already and as a veggie I'm never sure if you get the full value out of this kind of thing. 

Weather forecast is now looking a little dicey for Friday. Knew I spoke too soon!

Wow at the site map - three fields of general camping? That's tiny!  I'm going by coach, they've sent an email saying tickets will be collected at the box office - got in a flap after there was nothing in the letterbox after Latitude but crisis averted.  Looking forward to this, partly to see if I can do two fests in one week.  I'll be on my own but I'm sure it'll be a great crowd there.

edit - I didn't get an info pack notification, but here's the links - Day, Weekend

Edited by tillyandthewall

2 hours ago, tillyandthewall said:

Wow at the site map - three fields of general camping? That's tiny!  I'm going by coach, they've sent an email saying tickets will be collected at the box office - got in a flap after there was nothing in the letterbox after Latitude but crisis averted.  Looking forward to this, partly to see if I can do two fests in one week.  I'll be on my own but I'm sure it'll be a great crowd there.

edit - I didn't get an info pack notification, but here's the links - Day, Weekend

I'm doing the same 2 Festivals, aching all over at the minute but should be ok by friday 

On 7/16/2016 at 6:59 PM, Adster said:

from the revision comments on the clashfinder :)

Interesting if true about a special guest.

Theres also a map on twitter (and yes i did "miss it", I still cant see it anywhere on the site now!)

looks a bit of a pain in the arse parking one side of the festival and then camping the oposite side

10 minutes ago, dirty_dog said:

looks a bit of a pain in the arse parking one side of the festival and then camping the oposite side

The site is absolutely tiny, it will take minutes to get anywhere which is a big change from Glastonbury!!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Jodrell+Bank+Discovery+Centre/@53.2380595,-2.304836,780m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xa1d78d08f23bd37c!8m2!3d53.236896!4d-2.3075012

you can see how the site will be laid out on google maps, so small my feet are rejoicing lol

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Really excited about going to such a small fest! Not my smallest, though, that's still Supernormal... :)

Weather forecast is improving too... now we just need the timings!

something I saw on Bluedot FB page is that timings will only be available on the day rather than in advance - this was the FB page advising this

Bluedot Festival Hi Mike, music will be on from midday to 2am and full set times will be available onsite. Please also check out the Opening Times section of our website for details on last entry etc. Thanks

I am sure it says somewhere that the Infinite Monkey Cage will be at 5.30 on Friday, so get there sharpies because the arena doesn't open until 5pm

Any tips for taking kids anyone, it will be my boys first experience of a festival so I really want it to be a good one, which I am sure it will be, I just fell a bit clueless thinking about what's best to make it great for them, apart from a few packets of hob nabs.  I've only ever thought about myself at festivals before!

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I saw someone say that earlier but I'm not on FB so hadn't read it myself, thanks!

Not the end of the world for me as I foresee very few clashes, but I still like to know. I'll take the clashfinder with me as a guide I guess.

Yeah, the one that disturbs me is Floating Points. I missed them at Glasto and I suspect I will miss them again up against JMJ and Air. Really wanted to see all three this year but I don't think it will be possible

1 hour ago, dingbat2 said:

Yeah, the one that disturbs me is Floating Points. I missed them at Glasto and I suspect I will miss them again up against JMJ and Air. Really wanted to see all three this year but I don't think it will be possible

It's got to be, I reckon we can go from Air to Flo Po back to JMJ in 2 minutes looking at the map. It'll be fine.

Edited to add, I'm going by the clashfinder, so could also be disturbed.:unsure:

Edited by Kizzie

I think it's going to be Floating Points closing the Orbit stage against JMJ and Shadow on before. 

Reading the thing about the posh restaurant you can book for Fri or Sat 6-9pm, the friday one mentions that that will mean missing certain bands (not including the headliners who must be after 9.) The saturday one mentions missing DJ Shadow and Air but not JMJ or FP.

I hope not as when the lineup first came out the two I was most excited for were JMJ and Floating Points. Have seen FP and Shadow before so will stick with Air and Jarre but it's a really disappointing clash! 

Yeah, they were incredible live in Leeds in February. One of the best shows i've seen this year without a doubt, and now there'll be added Kuiper too!

Will be very tempted to see half of Jarre and get to FP if the timings work out right, I can imagine JMJ getting a long enough set to see an hour or so and still see most of FP.

If only they gave us times in advance!

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can someone give me a brief summary of what floating points sound like? I've not had a chance to check them out yet but seeing a lot of love for then here!

Probably sounds the same as the inside of Gaia's sacred womb.

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Can someone give me a brief summary of what floating points sound like? I've not had a chance to check them out yet but seeing a lot of love for then here!

YouTube Floating points kuiper live and that will tell you if you are going to like them or not.. if you don't like that then you won't like him\them

20 hours ago, eFestivals said:

anyone know where the crew camping might be around that map?

From staff handbook... 

There are a number of different on site accommodation types available, if you are unsure which area

you are allocated please check with your line manager.

The different accommodation is listed below:

Bunkabin Alley            This area is for the site team

Crew camping             This area is for all staff and contractors only

Staff Live in vehicles     There is a small approved allocation. Please let us know if you are planning bringing a live in vehicle.

*Once you have parked you cannot leave/return. Please note if you have not been agreed a pass for this in advance you will be unable to bring your live in vehicle.

Crew Campsite

This is located to the right of the standard customer campsites.

Each team are assigned an area of the campsites; your line manager will advise you where to camp in advance.

Edited by michael eavis' beard
Copy didn't work