So who could replace Brian Johnson in AC/DC?

Smeble

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obvious choice would be the singer from Airbourne or as an outside shot Marc Storace from Krokus is he still has a voice.

Gutted for Brian, a  thoroughly decent chap and a fine singer. Age catching up with AC/DC one of the finest bands I have ever had the good fortune  to see live.

41 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

Sad news about Brian.

I reckon if he were available, which he might be because Slash is back in GnR that Myles Kennedy would be the best option to complete the tour should they want to go down that route.

Absolutely. This would be the best scenario.

I just wonder whether or not Myles would want to become known as essentially a karaoke singer though :P 

Yep, with this the third member to retire / be jailed within about 2 years, it's surely time to call it a day. Why even carry on with a replacement singer? (the money)

The moment Airbourne have been waiting for all their lives... How long until they headline Download?

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Yep, with this the third member to retire / be jailed within about 2 years, it's surely time to call it a day. Why even carry on with a replacement singer? (the money)

The Raaaawwwwk equivalent of the Sugababes

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Absolutely. This would be the best scenario.

I just wonder whether or not Myles would want to become known as essentially a karaoke singer though :P 

he DID rehearse with Zep with a view to performing with them - I think Myles would be the only alternate singer I would have any interest in seeing fill Brian's shoes with DC. Myles to me is basically the perfect male rock vocalist.

6 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

he DID rehearse with Zep with a view to performing with them - I think Myles would be the only alternate singer I would have any interest in seeing fill Brian's shoes with DC. Myles to me is basically the perfect male rock vocalist.

I'd love it if it happened. I saw him with Slash at Download a number of years ago and it was a great show. I don't even like Guns n Roses and thought it was great.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'd love it if it happened. I saw him with Slash at Download a number of years ago and it was a great show. I don't even like Guns n Roses and thought it was great.

him with Slash was great at Wembley last year.

I have known of him since Alter Bridge first came out and have always rated him.

Anyone else but him would be shit in my eyes. Although I would prefer DC to just bow out on a high and not feel the need to replace Brian.