Art Garfunkel self confirmed

Ratpat

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Bright eyes , yes I think he does. Oh my I'm going to be doomed - takes me back to my childhood. Got to be better than his mate who played on the Pyramid a few years ago ;-)

To be fair his mate was really ill and was gutted in his post set interview that he didn't deliver. I felt really bad for him, and saw him a few months later, he was flawless. 

Just now, themuel said:

To be fair his mate was really ill and was gutted in his post set interview that he didn't deliver. I felt really bad for him, and saw him a few months later, he was flawless. 

OK fair enough I didn;t know that. I was just so disappointed by him  - any chance of him coming on with his buddy this year or are they not buddies any more ?

I've seen Art about a year ago in Hamburg,

he was and is still recovering, so don't expect him to sound as great as during the last S&G reunion tour, but if he's doing the Acoustic (which would be my guess, as he's all the time just touring as a duo/trio (guitar plus sometimes piano)) he'll do a storyteller kind of gig, which I considered amazing...

Can't come over from Germany to Glasto this year, but I guessed you'd enjoy the news about the self-confirmation :)

16 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

OK fair enough I didn;t know that. I was just so disappointed by him  - any chance of him coming on with his buddy this year or are they not buddies any more ?

If only. That would be a dream come true for me, but no looking at his tour dates I would say there is zero chance somehow!

Friday 24th - Boston

Saturday 25th - Philadelphia 

Monday 27th - Vienna (The American one) 

Edited to clarify I'm talking about Paul Simon here. 

Edited by themuel
Edited to clarify I'm talking about Paul Simon here.