guypjfreak

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Brownies actually singing in tune for some of that!!

Was a really great gig. I've been lucky the two time's I've caught them he was at his best. 

3 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Was a really great gig. I've been lucky the two time's I've caught them he was at his best. 

Parts of Heaton Park were pretty bad and saw them in Dublin and he was a little bit better. Difficult to go see them multiple times playing the same show with a singer who cant sing the songs.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Parts of Heaton Park were pretty bad and saw them in Dublin and he was a little bit better. Difficult to go see them multiple times playing the same show with a singer who cant sing the songs.

Another reason I've fancied the Friday for Etihad. Certainly don't fancy his chances on the Sunday. I would love to see them in a small venue if they done a warm up gig. If he doesn't feel like he has to shout for 50,000 people then you have more chance of his vocals being better.

I remember at T i was standing next to some massive Roses fan, and he said his wife had went to another stage to see someone else, as she loved them but had seen Ian Brown live loads of times and he sounded horrific every time. The one time she didn't turn up and he sounded good. How he laughed.

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Different show this time though. There'll be people holding hands and building walls....

I still can't believe that lyric. Its possibly the worse lyric since "Strap on Sally, chased us down the alley, we feared for our behinds"

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Although to be fair, it does sound like the monitors were shoddy.  There's something about the way he and the drummer are singing that makes me think they can't hear themselves.

Just a shame the drummer could not drum :rofl:

8 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

I like the bit just before the 2nd chorus when he obviously just thinks "Fuck it - let the drummer sing it".

I was in the crowd for that too :o

Yep me too.  First festival.  I did have vague plans of seeing The Seahorses, but had no idea when they were playing and no idea where I was.

I was trying to find my way back to the Pyramid and came up to some sort of stage.  Then I heard some John Squire like guitar playing, checked my guide and was well happy.  

33 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I still can't believe that lyric. Its possibly the worse lyric since "Strap on Sally, chased us down the alley, we feared for our behinds"

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's a much better lyric.

Indeed. That lyric covers sexual adventure, fear, drama, pursuit of bottoms, alleys (reflecting the alleys behind many North West working class homes like you see on that there Corrie) and some running.  No hand holding or wall building at all.

2 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Obviously never going to happen....but has Marr ever played with Rourke and Joyce since the court case?

I guess from the 724 pages Moz devoted to it in his court case, he's still not over it...

I saw Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke play together in Brooklyn May 2013

Edited by tevaburger

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yep me too.  First festival.  I did have vague plans of seeing The Seahorses, but had no idea when they were playing and no idea where I was.

I was trying to find my way back to the Pyramid and came up to some sort of stage.  Then I heard some John Squire like guitar playing, checked my guide and was well happy.  

That was the year the stage began to sink, wasn't it? Miserable afternoon.

Think I saw Beck on the Pyramid Stage after them...and it stopped raining.

(Not sure why I pasted the link again)

Edited by The Red Telephone

I remember watching that Seahorses set on TV (or what they showed of it).... the bit whre it goes 'these waters run deep...' and he turns away and gives up.... painful to watch. You had to feel for him abit. Clearly thinks 'feck it' when he goes out in the crowd.