Ultimate list of stuff to take

Wow-wys-buzzing

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I can't recall ever being put out by a flag at Glastonbury.

Talking of flags, I managed to stumble across this yesterday. It kind of resonates with me;

I+Feel+Lazier+than+the+guy+that+drew+the

I was behind a guy with a japanese flag at Hot Chip annnnnd Chemical brothers. Still didn't stop me from having a good time.

4 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

Beer, cigs, loads of lighters, poncho, change of clothes, pocket tissues, cash, phone, 2x boxes wine, mini cheddars, lube.

I was with you all the way until lube. I'd easily swap lube for some ointment of some nature anyday. The two and eight my arse gets in to with the trots defies my own human comprehension. Just got to rub some ointment on them red cherries after a while.

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I was with you all the way until lube. I'd easily swap lube for some ointment of some nature anyday. The two and eight my arse gets in to with the trots defies my own human comprehension. Just got to rub some ointment on them red cherries after a while.

You need an emergency Imodium now and then, Yog. 

2 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

You need an emergency Imodium now and then, Yog. 

Hello lucy

I don't really use the stuff. For some, presumably perverted, reason I go for the pain and ointment angle in this area. If truth be known I think it's best if I expell the remnants of what I put in to my system as fast as possible. Wouldn't want a toxic build up. Not only that but I genuinely love being in a turdis in the heat thinking I'm just about to expire.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello lucy

I don't really use the stuff. For some, presumably perverted, reason I go for the pain and ointment angle in this area. If truth be known I think it's best if I expell the remnants of what I put in to my system as fast as possible. Wouldn't want a toxic build up. Not only that but I genuinely love being in a turdis in the heat thinking I'm just about to expire.

Each to their own! I don't think there are any turdis' now (turdi?) but I'm sure you can find somewhere that will have similar effect.

3 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Each to their own! I don't think there are any turdis' now (turdi?) but I'm sure you can find somewhere that will have similar effect.

I'm sure I've been in to a turdis at Glastonbury in recent years. Have I not? Maybe I'm mistaking the experience for other festivals. Haven't a clue - a little bit too stoned etc

33 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

I always end up buying at least one hat at Glastonbury.  Somehow me and the other half have accumulated 28 hats over the last few years...

What is it with festivals and hats? I've bought and/or lost enough hats over the years to open a shop. And I don't even like wearing tha bastard things.

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello lucy

I find E45 quite good in a time of sore burning need. 

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm sure I've been in to a turdis at Glastonbury in recent years. Have I not? Maybe I'm mistaking the experience for other festivals. Haven't a clue - a little bit too stoned etc

There's loads of Turdi at the back of the other stage field. Had a near death experience in one myself a couple of years ago.

4 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

There's loads of Turdi at the back of the other stage field. Had a near death experience in one myself a couple of years ago.

Definitely not any more - all long drops and a batch of compost loos on our old camping spot :(

Edited by ICGenie

21 hours ago, sloseph said:

Then you're either brave or foolish, I wouldn't dream of turning up to 5 days of funky food and cider without at least a 24 pack of Rennie's and a couple of immodium for just in case 

I suffer from acid reflux so medication for that anyway (no need for rennies), I've never had a problem with the food & cider in all the festivals and don't like Imodium tbh

In addition to all the other great suggestions above these have made my ultimate list

1. A really good pair of walking boots & insoles. The amount of walking and dancing you do you really feel the difference! 

2. A festival trolly. B&Q £30 one has done me years and is a life saver lumping your gear to camp

3. Portable shower.  Not the solar type, the pressurised one! Nothing better waking up after a heavy day/night in a greenhouse of a tent and having a refreshing shower! Long gone are the days of wet wipes thank god

4. And a really good ice box! Cold cider/lager/beer for the whole festival is awesome....plus makes sure the bacon is fresh for breakfast 

Buy quality and it lasts festival after festival! 

20160306_121152.jpg

On 5 March 2016 at 7:14 AM, ICGenie said:

I always end up buying at least one hat at Glastonbury.  Somehow me and the other half have accumulated 28 hats over the last few years...

I almost feel that if you buy a hat there, then you should leave it there... A symbol of you leaving a bit of yourself there to come back to next time..

10 hours ago, AndyRaine said:

In addition to all the other great suggestions above these have made my ultimate list

1. A really good pair of walking boots & insoles. The amount of walking and dancing you do you really feel the difference! 

2. A festival trolly. B&Q £30 one has done me years and is a life saver lumping your gear to camp

3. Portable shower.  Not the solar type, the pressurised one! Nothing better waking up after a heavy day/night in a greenhouse of a tent and having a refreshing shower! Long gone are the days of wet wipes thank god

4. And a really good ice box! Cold cider/lager/beer for the whole festival is awesome....plus makes sure the bacon is fresh for breakfast 

20160306_121152.jpg

A big yes to the Coleman extreme, done 6 festivals with mine, ice cold beers/ water for 5 days 

On 3/5/2016 at 7:13 AM, ICGenie said:

I really can't be arsed with taking any food now.  Just a couple of cereal bars for the queue.

I don't take food anymore, apart from a bag of sweets (emergency sugar for when you're a bit twatted and realise you havent eaten for 2 days) and a couple of cereal bars. No point taking things you don't need, and food is so cheap and lovely on sit!

On 3/6/2016 at 0:16 PM, AndyRaine said:

20160306_121152.jpg

the girls said your shower was a life saver last year. I also heard you were having steak for breakfast., that's practically glamping my friend.

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

I don't take food anymore, apart from a bag of sweets (emergency sugar for when you're a bit twatted and realise you havent eaten for 2 days) and a couple of cereal bars. No point taking things you don't need, and food is so cheap and lovely on sit!

Wouldn't say its cheap, but extra lovely yes