Confirmed Food Vendors 2016

JoBalls

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 09/03/2016 at 10:11 PM, Porcelina said:

Praying for Happy Maki vegan sushi to be back, had about four last year - near William's Green.

She is going! My girlfriend uses her for a lot of corporate events and they often talk about Glasto. She's definitely going to be there this year :)

15 hours ago, incident said:

Is that the one that has the sign that says "Voted best Hog Roast" or another one? I know there's like 3 Hog Roast stalls all in roughly the same area and I'm struggling to assign specific names to any of them.

The one with a sign actually used to have a year on it - 2003 I think - but they dropped that a while back as 2003 became ever more distant.

The Hog Roast with the "voted UK's best" sign has been there since at least 2004 and, as best I can tell, has had the exact same sign. Either it's standards are incredibly consistent or the competition ain't all it's cracked up to be.

I am a master of procrastination (graduate) so have compiled a list in addition to my bar one

If people could add, fill in details etc that would be great

After all, music comes second to food :P

Food Stall Location Type of Food
Chapatti Man    
Piggy Smalls    
Strumpets with Crumpets The Park  
Roaming Rotisserie  William's Green  
La Grand Bouffe  West Holts  
Oli’s Halloumi Cone  Pyramid  
Welsh Oggie  Other Stage  
Tibetan Kitchen  Right hand side of path out of Pyramid Stage to William’s Green Momos
Burrito Near Block 9 Mexican
Fishfinger Sandwich Stall    
Anna Mae's Mac N Cheese  Area between the cider bus and the bandstand  
Yam the Cassava    
The Lamb Joint     
Blue Moon Vege Café  West Holts  
Tea and Toast Van  The Park  
Tapas Place  West Holts Chrozi Breakfasts
The Cheese Truck    
Crabbieshack    
Manic Organic    Bruschetta
Twisted Burger Co  Not far from the West Holts Burgers
Wham Bam Tikka  Between the Pyramid and Other stage Wraps and curries 
Crayfish Bob  William's Green near the info tent  
Lynda’s Loaf    Cheesy bread
Bagel boy stand     
Boom Burger  Outside of The Park, by the fence next to Strummerville Burgers
Children’s world café  North side of cabaret field Full english
Bagel Boy  right of west holts walking toward cabaret field Bagels

35 minutes ago, The Nal said:

All the hog roast places are the same really. Cheap and nasty chewy pork, left swimming in oil and fat for a few hours, clumsily lobbed over a forecourt standard cold bread roll and then slathered with out of the jar apple sauce. 

Apart from the one that once also offered stuffing which I assumed, from the taste and texture, must have been the stuffing from 30 year old pub sofa. 

52 minutes ago, The Nal said:

All the hog roast places are the same really. Cheap and nasty chewy pork, left swimming in oil and fat for a few hours, clumsily lobbed over a forecourt standard cold bread roll and then slathered with out of the jar apple sauce. 

Done well they offer so much. The reality however, is disappointingly as described above. It would take some convincing for me to ever buy one at a festival. They could start with a shitload of crackling.

1 hour ago, fur_q said:

Apart from the one that once also offered stuffing which I assumed, from the taste and texture, must have been the stuffing from 30 year old pub sofa. 

You've done them a disservice there in fairness. A lot of prep goes into the stuffing. 

They arrive early on the Monday to the longdrops and scrape off the faecel gunk, the phlegm like substance of year old dried urine and the globules of vaginal discharge on the floor, mash that together with whats left in the pipes from the portaloo cleaning truck, blend that with cow shit, used tampons, their own semen and the feathers from dead seagulls, leave it out in the sun for a few days and then microwave it for 15 hours on a high heat. 

1 hour ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

I am a master of procrastination (graduate) so have compiled a list in addition to my bar one

If people could add, fill in details etc that would be great

After all, music comes second to food :P

Food Stall Location Type of Food

Piggy Smalls West Holts  

I am sad and have done a draft printable word document of food vendor rumours/confirmations. So thought it would be rude not to share. If anyone can see mistakes or have further updates, please post and I will update and produce a final document on 14th June (God I really am sad, anal, obsessed)

Food vendors at Glastonbury.docx

I gather Pieminster won't doing Glasto this year but is there anywhere else that does mashed potato?

I've just had some major work done on my teeth and can only really eat mushy stuff and soup for the next couple of months. It's a bloody nightmare, especially when you're all talking about food I would love to try.

7 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

I've just had some major work done on my teeth and can only really eat mushy stuff and soup for the next couple of months. It's a bloody nightmare, especially when you're all talking about food I would love to try.

A new set of Jimmy Carr teeth?  I'm sure they're lovely

Edited by clarkete

Just now, clarkete said:

A new set of Jimmy Carr teeth?  I'm sure they're lovely

It's in preparation for implants. Spent three hours in the dental surgeon's chair on Saturday morning - pain has eased hugely now but my face currently looks like my husband has been beating me up with all the bruising! Thank God for alcohol!

13 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

I gather Pieminster won't doing Glasto this year but is there anywhere else that does mashed potato?

Do you like curries?  There are quite a few places doing thalis/veggie which will be soft, like dals. If you take a spork, you can chop any larger pieces/meat into smaller cubes to help with the eating.

Edit, just thought of the gumbo place in WIlliamsgreen from last year, that kind of dish could be suitable too, washed down with cider from the corner stall.

Edited by carlosj

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That gumbo is a thing of beauty. 

Indeed! My husband was Crayfish Bob's first ever customer at Glasto when Bob came for the first time - and he spent the subsequent three days trying everything off the menu! Sometimes I think he's only really looking forward to the festival because of being able to have Bob's gumbo again!

31 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

It's in preparation for implants. Spent three hours in the dental surgeon's chair on Saturday morning - pain has eased hugely now but my face currently looks like my husband has been beating me up with all the bruising! Thank God for alcohol!

Ouch, it's over quickly and you feel better soon.

50 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

Hi.  Not real food but there was a place doing great fresh fruit smoothies last year (Silver Hayes I think but I'm sure there were others).  And I also found a stall doing wonderful milkshakes (Shaken Udder ??) - not so nutritious but I had one last year and it really perked me up. xx

2 hours ago, Mich1268 said:

I am sad and have done a draft printable word document of food vendor rumours/confirmations. So thought it would be rude not to share. If anyone can see mistakes or have further updates, please post and I will update and produce a final document on 14th June (God I really am sad, anal, obsessed)

Food vendors at Glastonbury.docx

Link didn't work for me :( 

My first Glasto I, paid £6 for a Toad in the Hole from a place by the Other stage (hadn't found all the amazing places yet). Halfway through I nearly choked to death on a one pound coin.  Normally I am not squeamish about such things, but given that the food was pretty gross I took it back.

The lad handed me back a five pound note. "But it was £6", I said.

"You already have the extra quid".