Godiva 2016

Flaminglippy

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2016 at 10:00 AM, luckysalt said:

I only just saw Godiva added a whole mass load of acts the other day.

Also confirmed the Sunday, Pidgeon Dectectives aren't subbing Scouting For Girls but theres still a sub to be announced, seems like Sunday is getting a fair whack of budget this year then.

Godiva festival band poster

They've changed it on their website now so 'The Pigeon Detectives' are down as the main support for 'SFG'  

Easy Star All Stars are on early! 4.20pm and then nothing else announced for that stage afterwards...

Shame theyre clashing with Fronteers, Fronteers sounded pretty good, how Godiva started being with the security on the tent not letting people in though even though loads of space I think I'll get in early for ESAS

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, luckysalt said:

See Godiva has added the full Rhythm tent line up for the Saturday now, D Double E headlining.

What seems interesting is though, looks like Easy Star All Stars are actually doing a headline length set in the afternoon. Which is fantastic.

Shame they're not on the main stage...tent will be rammed for them I expect

• 1 month later...

Had another great day here Sat, only went for the day, thought the Subways were awesome, haven't seen them since 2008. Forgot how good they were. Thought it was a lovely atmosphere. Had a great laugh. I want the Levellers for Sat next year....

Fair play Cov again. Great fun. 

10 hours ago, Perks said:

Had another great day here Sat, only went for the day, thought the Subways were awesome, haven't seen them since 2008. Forgot how good they were. Thought it was a lovely atmosphere. Had a great laugh. I want the Levellers for Sat next year....

Fair play Cov again. Great fun. 

Yeah, same here. Really enjoyed Mystery Jets and Charlatans and a lot of the bands lower down were really good. Surprised the tent wasn't busier for Easy-Star All Stars. 

Hopefully will go ahead again next year. Saw one of the organisers being interviewed and she said it wasn't confirmed. Get the impression its agreed on a year-by-year basis. In its favour, they are vying for the City of Culture so can't imagine pulling the plug on Godiva would be a great selling point. 

I'd be happy if they introduced a fee for adults...I'd happily pay a tenner if it meant it would keep going.