Godiva 2016

Flaminglippy

45 minutes ago, Perks said:

Yep, that's pretty sweet. Good coup. Reckon they are trying to bring the older people back after the youth invasion on the evening last year..

Yeah...hoping they have an indie day Saturday and a chavvy day on the Sunday so all the helmets go on a different day. 

27 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Looks like they booked who we all wanted!

Absolutely overjoyed with Charlatans, reckon they will be as good as Mondays were, really bring their A game. 

Mystery Jets have always been great when i've seen them too, although I wouldn't have put them as high as sub!

Yeah definitely. Basically a massive indie singalong.They smashed it at Kendal a couple of years back. 

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Looks like they booked who we all wanted!

Absolutely overjoyed with Charlatans, reckon they will be as good as Mondays were, really bring their A game. 

Mystery Jets have always been great when i've seen them too, although I wouldn't have put them as high as sub!

Charlatans were dreadful at Glasto last year.

They were awesome at IOW and if I don't go Hyde Park for Kendrick then it would be rude not to take a walk over to the memorial park for this. I did get that sense as well Lucky, seem to be spreading the budget more and getting more established acts for the whole weekend. The calibre of acts they are bringing in recently has been great, fair play to them.

On 25/02/2016 at 1:50 PM, thewayiam said:

Charlatans were dreadful at Glasto last year.

Lost count of how many times I've seen them over the years,but easily in the 30+ times category, and they've ranged from shite to brilliant. Reckon if I worked out the 'mean' it would be towards the latter end of the scale though. 

Same with any band really...they will occasionally have a bad day in the office. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Scouting For Girls Sunday headliner, jesus thats a cheap booking, just the Saturday for me then!

Yeah...just texted my missus and said thats saved me the train fare to Cov. Can't see them putting anybody else on that day that would change my mind. Still...Sat is looking good. 

22 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

I reckon Boomtown Rats has probably cost the most this year.

Hope we get a few more decent bookings for the Saturday. 

But with Mystery Jets so high its not looking likely.

Yeah...was hoping for Shed 7 or Inspirals but guess they would be subbing if they played so unlikely. Still, they might be a shout for Victorious 

Subways on the Saturday before Mystery Jets...get in!!! 

Subways/Mystery Jets/Charlatans...bloody strong line up for free

Pigeon Detectives before Scouting For Girls still ain't convincing me for the Sunday mind.

Edited by Flaminglippy

More additions today!

New band Fronteers added to main stage Saturday, bunch of 19 year olds, indie, sound really promising tho! 

and possibly the best announcement to date, subbing the Rhythm Tent on Saturday! 

EASY STAR ALL STARS!

They also added The Larrks under them on Sat and The Ellipsis to main on Friday.

22 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

More additions today!

New band Fronteers added to main stage Saturday, bunch of 19 year olds, indie, sound really promising tho! 

and possibly the best announcement to date, subbing the Rhythm Tent on Saturday! 

EASY STAR ALL STARS!

They also added The Larrks under them on Sat and The Ellipsis to main on Friday.

Ahhh man...loved 'Easy Star All Stars' when I saw them before. Great addition!