Steelhouse Festival 2016

kaip

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2016 at 6:47 PM, devilman said:

Have a word in their ears and change the date away from the Ramblin Man Fair date :) I fancy it one year.

It's the sixth year for the steelhouse festival and only the second for  ramblin' , its the only festival I'll buy a ticket for without knowing any of the bands booked 

Go for it one year, you won't regret it 

5 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

I seem to recall someone saying the roads are a bit rough for towing a caravan in and out.  Any experience or thoughts?

Its not perfect tarmac all the way but I've never seen anyone have any problems getting in and out in the five years I've been going 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2016 at 8:10 PM, Duckie91 said:

I would love to go but I know it sounds silly, I can't get anyone to come and am a bit scared to come on my own, any other females out there with the same dilemma???

Are you on Facebook? 

• 3 months later...

All set for tomorrow - the only challenge is to tow my new twin axle caravan up the hill.  If you're an EFestivaller do call round.  The van is a Dethleffs Camper and there will probably be a Grumpyhack Lives Here sign in the window and, hopefully a big illuminated flagpole,.

What a lovely festival.  Sorry we didn't meet up kaip but I got a bit distracted with problems with my new caravan which sprang a major water leak on site - the last thing you want on top of a mountain with no water fill points.  Stopped off on the way home and dropped it into the repair centre outside Pontypool to get things fixed.

My first time at Steelhouse but won't be my last.  The Darkness were smack on and loved The Dead Daisies.  

A few thoughts.....  They could do with a lot more litter bins.  The few they had were overflowing.  More bins would have meant a lot less litterpicking needed. Food was OK but limited.  The Coffee man was great but I was surprised there was no ice cream van.  Got to have a 99 flake at a festival.

• 5 months later...

Just seen an excellent show from King King in Cardiff and looking forward to seeing them at Steelhouse in 2017.  Highly recommended.  Their support band Broken Witt Rebels were pretty good too and will also be at Steelhouse.

Maybe time for a Steelhouse 2017 thread Kaip.

Edited by grumpyhack