First Time Big Festival

Hi,

I am going to V Fest for the first time this year, and I've never been to a big festival before. I've done smaller festivals but Kendal Calling is the biggest I've ever done. I have some questions and would appreciate it if anyone who's been before could tell me what it's like. 

1) what's it like behind the main stage crowds? Videos and picture only show the front. Is there shops selling random things? Activities? Etc? 

2) what's it like being near the back of the crowd. It seems like it would be hard to see the artists so is it still worth it?

3)how long does it take to get to the front? And when your there do you get crushed by those behind you?

4) what's the general atmosphere there? 

5) is there mobile signal at Weston Park (EE)? It seems easy to get lost so texting would be useful to have. 

I would appreciate any answers and information provided. 

Thanks in advance!!

• 1 month later...

1) what's it like behind the main stage crowds? Videos and picture only show the front. Is there shops selling random things? Activities? Etc?  Yes lots of market stalls and fun fair, bars etc.  

2) what's it like being near the back of the crowd. It seems like it would be hard to see the artists so is it still worth it? Harder to see but big screens help.  Aim for the sound stage or the speaker stacks

3)how long does it take to get to the front? And when your there do you get crushed by those behind you? depends what time you start trying, which stage and which act.  For this years headliners i would get there early.

4) what's the general atmosphere there? Been going for 11 years, always had a great time as with anywhere you get a few tossers but on the whole everyones just there to have a good time

5) is there mobile signal at Weston Park (EE)? It seems easy to get lost so texting would be useful to have. There is signal but texts are unreliable due to the amount of people.  Phone instead.  On many occasions poeple have text me and they've all come through when i make it back to my tent

Hope this helps.  Have a great time!