Grime/Hip Hop

JamieKThomas

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

had totally forgotten about them! will definitely be trying to catch them as well, although looks like i've got a fair few things to be doing after the headliner on Friday night

I meant after the Saturday headliners, probably didn't phrase it well. Technically Sunday but until I go to sleep I still think of it as Saturday.

I'm seeing them at Moseley Festival a couple of weeks later so I'll be giving this set a miss, will either go for Shibusa->808->Cox in the SE corner, or to the Beat Hotel for FloPo/4Tet->Talabot

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

had totally forgotten about them! will definitely be trying to catch them as well, although looks like i've got a fair few things to be doing after the headliner on Friday night

This, totally. As soon as midnight ticks around there's so much stuff going on that I want to see, and very little of it involves being anywhere near Silver Hayes. I might have to make an exception for Blackalicious though, mostly because I'm not seeing a 'proper' headliner that night, and Lee Scratch Perry being on at the Gully just before makes for a decent double header.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

i assume you're going to see Vince Staples? Oddisee on West Holts at 13.00 on the Saturday is another great one. agree that it seems a little light on it but those two are pretty much must sees for me

ok so Oddisee  was a great shout, I've been listening to Tangible Dream this afternoon and it's great, I can see him putting on a good show

• 1 month later...

Grime seems to have gone down a treat this year, the festival did a great job.

Is there anyone that people could see making a return next year? Or MC's you'd love to see in general?

Kano would be a lot of fun again, I'd love to see: D Double E (and Newham Generals), Wiley, Chip, JME and Lethal Bizzle.

I also know that Dizzee has been playing Boy in da Corner in full, that would go down a storm on anywhere but the Pyramid. 

14 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Grime seems to have gone down a treat this year, the festival did a great job.

Is there anyone that people could see making a return next year? Or MC's you'd love to see in general?

Kano would be a lot of fun again, I'd love to see: D Double E (and Newham Generals), Wiley, Chip, JME and Lethal Bizzle.

I also know that Dizzee has been playing Boy in da Corner in full, that would go down a storm on anywhere but the Pyramid. 

You will never see Wiley at Glastonbury. He pulled out a few years ago, then proceeded to rant on twitter about how much he was paid, mud, called Michael Eavis a racist. I'm actually toning it down, because what he said about the festival and Michael himself was fairly offensive haha. 

I'd love to have Skepta back, Bizzle would be decent, and JME would be good. 

• 3 months later...

Let's dig up this thread guys, who are your main hopes for 2017?

In terms of hip-hop, I would absolutely love Danny Brown to make an appearance, Atrocity Exibition is one of the best albums of the year and I could see it being a lot of fun. Clipping, Isaiah Rashad, Chance the Rapper, Saul Williams and Schoolboy Q would be great as well.

8 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Let's dig up this thread guys, who are your main hopes for 2017?

In terms of hip-hop, I would absolutely love Danny Brown to make an appearance, Atrocity Exibition is one of the best albums of the year and I could see it being a lot of fun. Clipping, Isaiah Rashad, Chance the Rapper, Saul Williams and Schoolboy Q would be great as well.

clipping, chance, saul, danny and schoolboy q would be insane. Add to that Childish Gambino with his new album coming out soon and it would be best rap year so far. Oh and the kendrick, though kinda want him to headline in a couple of years instead

11 minutes ago, fabio101 said:

I saw The Roots some years ago, and they were amazing.

I would love to see a return of Jurassic5 - I missed the year they played and the footage I saw on TV looked great "Improvise" being a great example.

Fingers crossed

J5 at the West Holts was the busiest I've ever seen that field. Was great stuff.

I'd love them to go back to the 'hip-hop legends' slot that's seen Wu Tang, Snoop, De La Soul etc on the Pyramid over recent years. There wasn't one this year, but I hope it's something they return to.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Late to the hype on these boys but Earthgang have been a great discovery to me so far this year. Chi-town sound from Atlanta, somehow. Three EP's released over the past 18 months that are real easy to listen to, plus years of material before that too. Think they were recently signed to J Cole's imprint (stick with me, don't close the tab) and are releasing an album later this year which should be big. UK tour goes on sale tomorrow as well.

Edited by dentalplan