Grime/Hip Hop

JamieKThomas

On 21/04/2016 at 4:28 PM, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

You didn't miss anything at Glasto with Nas, he was in a dreadful venue, the sound was atrocious and the tent was horribly overcrowded, I think I left after about 3 songs - was gutted as I was really looking forward to seeing him.

Kind of glad I skipped it now, and luckily I saw him play Illmatic (and a couple of other tracks) at Lovebox later on that year.

I really don't like Sonic as a venue. Unless you're right at the front (which I never am) it always feels like I'm on the outside looking in. Bring back Dance East!

Silver Hayes line up is out, here's a list of Grime/Hip Hop I could find. 

• BBC 1Xtra Takeover
  • Bugzy Malone
  • Charlie Sloths
  • Craig David
  • Isiah Dreads
  • J-Hus
  • Idris Elba
  • Kano
  • KSI (lol)
  • Kurupt FM
  • Lady Lesgurr
  • Novelist (yessssss)
  • Preditah
  • Tiggs Da Author
  • WSTRN
  • Yungen. 
  • Section Boyz
  • Ms Dynamite

All I can say is WOW! When Neil said we would have a lot of Grime I didn't expect this, great to see Novelist there, also thing Yungen will be great, Bugzy, Craig David, Isiah Dreads....great list in my opinion! 

Edited by JamieKThomas
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Holding out for more Hip-Hop (one day we'll get The Roots). Grime isn't my thing at all.

You've got to be happy with DJ Premier then? Arguably the best Hip Hop producer ever, not sure what he does for his live sets but assuming he'll just be playing songs he's produced. 

1 hour ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

Holding out for more Hip-Hop (one day we'll get The Roots). Grime isn't my thing at all.

i'm in the same boat, i'm hoping there some more Hip Hop thrown around the site, I my ears can't seem to get on with Grime

Aesop Rock is my big hope, he's touring America  pretty much constantly either side of the festival but he's got a strange gap from the 18th to the 26th of June

plus his new album is sick

6 hours ago, bigfurbdogg said:

What stuff would you recommend I listen to from Novelist? Heard a lot of good stuff about about him.

Would give Take Time and 1 Sec a listen, both collabs with Mumdance, have to say I've not listened to huge amounts of him but saw him at Blissfields last year and he was really good 

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Chance's 3rd mixtape "coloring book" has dropped overnight.  Just giving it a first listen, Acid rap is for me the best hip hop record of the last few years, so I have high hopes for this record.

Yeah stoked to hear this - Acid Rap was really great. Had it on repeat for weeks when it first came out 

44 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Chance's 3rd mixtape "coloring book" has dropped overnight.  Just giving it a first listen, Acid rap is for me the best hip hop record of the last few years, so I have high hopes for this record.

YESSSSSSHHHHH!!!!

Any good so far?

Just at the end, sometimes more soulful sometimes more commercial.  Motifs from 10 day and Acid rap bring the 3 together nicely.  As with any hip hop, it needs a really good sunny afternoon to get the best from it, so I'll make a better judgement after lunch.  Blessings, the album closer is fantastic, ticks lots of boxes for me, great production.

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Just at the end, sometimes more soulful sometimes more commercial.  Motifs from 10 day and Acid rap bring the 3 together nicely.  As with any hip hop, it needs a really good sunny afternoon to get the best from it, so I'll make a better judgement after lunch.  Blessings, the album closer is fantastic, ticks lots of boxes for me, great production.

Cool. Any guests?