chances of re sale ticket

weeksy97

On 21/02/2016 at 8:06 PM, weeksy97 said:

I know there has been a lot of threads on this but me and a few mates missed out on the main sale after going last year and I am so gutted !! I was just wondering who has got tickets on the re sale before and what are the chances of getting a few tickets.

4 of us got tickets in the resale last year.  I'm counting (praying) on 4 this time, 3 for my friends and 1 for @A Guy Called Matt (assuming we're still on!)

Siblin is in need of tickets as well. As I'm sure there are plenty of members on here who have benefited from his efforts in the past I hope they'll return the favour and help him out if they're not already trying for others.

And I'm trying for tickets if anyone fancies helping me out. :ph34r:

But to answer the question, the odds on resale tickets are probably about the same as in the main sale. The festival has said in the past that 10 times as many people try than there are tickets available, so I reckon than might translate to something like 1 in 4, allowing for groups of people trying.

I've always been massively spawny with tickets (thus far). Got 8 in the resale last year for some friends. Dunno how much the Kanye effect came into play there though.

If you do miss out again in the resale it's well worth setting up twitter alerts for the official Glastonbury account. They randomly announced a quick extra resale last year on a Tuesday afternoon or something, only lasted about 10 minutes but I had the seetickets enter details page up again and could've easily bought even more. 

Stay positive, don't give up ;)

3 hours ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

I have one already - but am helping you in the resale as per the other thread, whereever that one is :-) 

Oh yeah, I forgot you had one!

@Avalon_Fields, I can't find the thread now, my search skills are obviously not up to scratch!

Edited by verrymerry

I think with the announcement of Muse and Coldplay so far, the chances have improved somewhat. 

They are two very big and popular bands don't get me wrong on that, but they won't make anybody go 'I HAVE to go to Glastonbury to see them' - as they tour regularly and are pretty bog standard festival headliners who have both played in recent years. 

If it were a U2/Rolling Stones again then the odds would be far less as people would be trying for tickets to see these alone. 

My optimism has risen from a 1/10 to a 3/10 with the recent announcements. 

I wouldn't think getting resale tickets is that much harder than getting main sale tickets. Yes, there are a lot, lot fewer tickets available, but there are a lot, lot fewer people trying. Many people will already have tickets, and particularly many of the people desperate to go will have maximised their chances in the October sale by clubbing together etc.

Many of those who missed out will have made their summer plans already by April, and particularly if you have a big group of mates who want to make a summer plan, many would have already chosen to do something else/go to a different festival than all wait around til April with the hope of getting a resale ticket. I've only used the resale once but it was pretty straightforward, other friends who have tried have mostly been successful. Obviously people will miss out but I don't think the odds are as bad as people think. The October sale is a lot more publicised as well, it's in the press, many people who happen to have a Glasto registration number will have a go. This is less the case in April. 

Edited by arcade fireman

we have only had to resort to the April resale once in over 20 years.That was in 2014.

from memory it lasted less than 15 minutes and we got ours 2 or 3 minutes in.

as already mentioned there are a lot less tickets but a lot less people trying. I think we found it difficult to get on the booking page for the first few minutes but after that it was OK.

I wish you the very best of luck, 

get as many people trying as possible and make sure you are all well organized with all the details you need ready to be cut and pasted onto the booking page. the main worry is that with the speed it is all over you might not get all the details submitted which is why it's so important to be really organized.

Someone has to buy those resale tickets so don't be downhearted you have as much chance as anyone.

It's a long time to wait from October to April it was in the back of mind right throughout when we were in that situation, but not too long to go now.