slash's hat

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2017-4-29 at 5:38 PM, Dave_c said:

Mars vodka is the ticket. 3 Mars bars for 70cl bottle does the trick. Great when you want to watch a band and have a drink but not need a piss the whole time. Just sip at it neat, winner!

Quite tempted by this. Made my raspberry one today, but this would be a good addition. Worried it might be ridiculously sickly though?

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Quite tempted by this. Made my raspberry one today, but this would be a good addition. Worried it might be ridiculously sickly though?

It's not too bad, but then I do have a sweet tooth. It's kind of like the mars milkshake you can buy but with vodka.

On 5/14/2017 at 9:59 PM, Dyceloon said:

This is a great thread.Think we should have an infussion taste off at the Efest meet. Happy to put my name up for the job as a judge.Just need a few kind folk to direct me ( carry me )to my tent at the end.:P

Apparently there's a pink umbrella meet up. Thursday daytime on the Pyramid where everyone brings vodka infusions and pink brollies.

I bought some rhubarb and custard sweets and a bottle of  vodka last night. Gonna infuse the weekend and test it at Bearded Theory next week. If it's good. I'll defo make more for Glasto.

Does anyone know what you use to mix with? Or will it be more of a drink  to drink straight? Cheers.

I had to throw away my plum vodka, thought it wasn't fruity enough so I added a mango to it, checked a few days later and it was unbelievably terrible, I'm sad now as it's probably too late to start another. 

Charm x

On 16 May 2017 at 11:30 AM, payneruk said:

Apparently there's a pink umbrella meet up. Thursday daytime on the Pyramid where everyone brings vodka infusions and pink brollies.

There's a Twitter based one at west holts as well at some point, I popped by last year to give everyone a flamingo and was rewarded with various shots of flavoured spirits, rating 10/10 would do again.

On 16/05/2017 at 11:28 AM, Skoo said:

Morning all!

What would you guys recommend as a mixer for strawberry vodka, apple spiced rum, and plum vodka?

Now this is where I obviously go wrong...

my wife produces a wide array of vodka infusions and I always carry a (plastic) bottle or two for after dark...

i have never considered a mixer and always end up completely shitfaced around midnight...

* note to self : take mixer and hopefully see 2am...

49 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

We have managed to drink the hot cross bun rum and made a fine sponge pudding with the soaked fruit. Also put the rum soaked sultanas on ice cream. Very nice.

now have gingerbread rum brewing...fingers crossed it will make the festival

Ha ha. I reckon the gingerbread rum will have the same fate and not make glastonbury 

11 hours ago, Larraht said:

Just popped everything in for Spicy Gingerbread vodka - looks disgusting at the moment but hopefully time will tell! 

Is that the recipe I posted a while back? Agree it looks like the contents of a blocked drain while it's infusing, but tastes great when it's done! :)

5 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Is that the recipe I posted a while back? Agree it looks like the contents of a blocked drain while it's infusing, but tastes great when it's done! :)

We used this recipe - probably the same as you! Reassuring to hear it will hopefully be worthwhile...smells amazing at the moment.

Screenshot_20170520-160333.png

7 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Also...the recipe says infuse for four days. How many did you go for? 

1 hour ago, Larraht said:

We used this recipe - probably the same as you! Reassuring to hear it will hopefully be worthwhile...smells amazing at the moment.

Screenshot_20170520-160333.png

23 minutes ago, Larraht said:

Also...the recipe says infuse for four days. How many did you go for? 

Yeah, that's the same one. I left mine for 7 days, as I liked the idea of it being quite fiery.

Just made rhubarb and custard sweets vodka. It looks awesome. But is very strong. Will need a mixer..maybe. But my gosh it's good. Lucky it's coming to festival on Thursday with me, no way it would've lasted till June.

@lucygingerhello dude. Quick question re the pineapple gin, it's happliy infusing at the moment, what's next in the process when the 3mths is up? Cheers for any advice / help

14 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Yeah, that's the same one. I left mine for 7 days, as I liked the idea of it being quite fiery.

Great - most of the other ones we have done I have just left up until the festival but I imagine this one could become really spicy if neglected! 

Put my infusions (blackberry and cinnamon, raspberry and vanilla) on a few weeks ago and tested them today. I forgot to buy sugar at the time and added it only today, but I cheaped out and used granulated instead of caster sugar and it hasn't dissolved. Hopefully that will do so over the next week.

The raspberry tastes quite good, even though I used fewer raspberries than the recipe called for, but the blackberry isn't quite right. Put another cinnamon stick in and crossing my fingers that the sugar will work its magic too.

I've made small practice batches of raspberry gin, blueberry gin and pineapple vodka.  The raspberry gin is awesome, my favourite by far. The pineapple vodka very strong, but I don't usually drink vodka so that's probably why.  The blueberry one was a bit disappointing though, are you supposed to prick the blueberries like you do with sloe berries?