alcohol infusions

slash's hat

On 2/22/2016 at 1:26 PM, hurdy said:

http://boozedandinfused.com/2012/01/18/apple-pie-bourbon/

Used this recipe, but I left it for about seven weeks. Fantastic website, their blueberry and orange gin is a treat too. 

Wow what a site, the chilli infusion looks great will be trying that very soon

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, mr gumby said:

You dirty, dirty bastard! 

Do you mean this? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=turkish+delight%2C+the

I was thinking this (without the chocolate):

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=turkish+delight

Edited by stuartbert two hats

6 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

My girlfriend is Finnish and one of last year's vodka infusions was Turkish pepper sweets, a "treat" in Finland apparently, which taste like salty liquorice. So disgusting we dubbed it "Black Death". Some people actually liked it, but it made an early end to Thursday afternoon's festivities for most

Funnily enough, as I read that I have just finished (no pun intended) one of those sweets that I brought back form Finland a while ago!! Not sure I'd want it in vodka form though. 

44 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Funnily enough, as I read that I have just finished (no pun intended) one of those sweets that I brought back form Finland a while ago!! Not sure I'd want it in vodka form though. 

Believe me, you don't. There's actually a real liquor in Finland called Salmiakki Koskenkorva, which is essentially what I made. I think I'll make it again this year as it's fun to see people try it. Mwaahahahaha

17 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

Believe me, you don't. There's actually a real liquor in Finland called Salmiakki Koskenkorva, which is essentially what I made. I think I'll make it again this year as it's fun to see people try it. Mwaahahahaha

I like salmiakki but not that much!! DO IT! :)

Not strictly an infusion but a couple of years ago I had the "bright" idea of making Bovril with rum instead of water.  It was very late Saturday night/Sunday morning and I couldn't face solids but needed something other than cheap whizz and beer inside me.  It wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be but I've drunk worse things and the small amount of nutrition in the Bovril went some way to helping me survive the horror that was that particular Sunday.

• 10 months later...

I was speaking to a PHD student last night who told me about a drink that his last weed dealer used to make. Apparently this bloke would have loads of the twiggy bits of dope left over from his deals which he would put in to vodka and let it infuse for several months. The moment he said it I thought that it was a smashing idea and that I could put some dope in to gin (don't like vodka) and do the same. However, he then went on to tell me that you can't get high off it because (if I remember rightly. Last night was a heavy night) the alcohol breaks down the thc's in the dope. He did say that it was a lovely drink though. Shame it doesn't work the way that you'd want it to though as that really would be some drink.

I love this thread. Last year I done sherbet lemon vodka, it was awesome both with lemonade and without. Started a litre of it Friday afternoon, none left Sat! Did share loads out of course. Gonna try one with gin this year, fruity one. Strawberries and raspberries I'm thinking. Some ace (and weird) ideas here.

@Yoghurt on a Stick dude at Bearded Theory this year, a guy by us had a stall selling ganja rum! It was f'ing unbelievable, blew my tiny mind. Couldn't walk past the bugger without having some. Lethal it was. Tasted and smelt of pure green. He was a badass guy too.

On 2/21/2016 at 7:58 PM, Drabod said:

Different to the Ones Currently Posted However went down a treat at IOW and will be bringing some to Glasto this year too

Haribo Gummy Bears - in a glass Bowl Cover with Vodka, Leave in the Fridge for Couple of Days.

The Gummy Bears double in size soaking up the vodka - And Taste great too.

(The vodka not soaked up takes a fruity twist too, but not as nice as the alcoholic gummy bears)

I tried this recently and it did not work at all, not sure what I did wrong :(

The gummy bears didn't grow that much and just went soggy on the outside and really chewy in the middle.

52 minutes ago, Perks said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick dude at Bearded Theory this year, a guy by us had a stall selling ganja rum! It was f'ing unbelievable, blew my tiny mind. Couldn't walk past the bugger without having some. Lethal it was. Tasted and smelt of pure green. He was a badass guy too.

Yeah, the bloke I talked to said that the drink he had tasted and smelt of pure green too. However, he was adamant that over a period of time while the dope diffused in to the alcohol that the dope wouldn't work as dope. Just wondering if you were 'smoking' as well as drinking at the festival? Or it could be that the badass bloke was putting some weed in just before selling it, so that the dope was still active.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yeah, the bloke I talked to said that the drink he had tasted and smelt of pure green too. However, he was adamant that over a period of time while the dope diffused in to the alcohol that the dope wouldn't work as dope. Just wondering if you were 'smoking' as well as drinking at the festival? Or it could be that the badass bloke was putting some weed in just before selling it, so that the dope was still active.

Yeah I was toking while there, so prob that, but that rum was mega, tasted so strong of green. If here's there again (which I hope he is) I'll ask. My body actually hopes he's not! It was lethal!

20 minutes ago, Perks said:

Yeah I was toking while there, so prob that, but that rum was mega, tasted so strong of green. If here's there again (which I hope he is) I'll ask. My body actually hopes he's not! It was lethal!

Thanks for the response Perks. I once made a chocolate cake for Glastonbury which I riddled with dope. I then sprinkled speed on the top instead of sugar. That was also lethal.

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks for the response Perks. I once made a chocolate cake for Glastonbury which I riddled with dope. I then sprinkled speed on the top instead of sugar. That was also lethal.

Now that's a cake I could get on board with. Good work yog, I can imagine it was very lethal. We made brownies with loads of green, rum, whiskey and me dads home brewed poitin, they were some 'game over' brownies. Haven't made them since

45 minutes ago, Perks said:

We made brownies with loads of green, rum, whiskey and me dads home brewed poitin, they were some 'game over' brownies. Haven't made them since

I'm not surprised that you haven't made them since, as that combination of ingredients does indeed sound like it would result in a rapid game over moment. I've never tried poitin even though it was brought to our family home many years ago. It was brought over from Ireland in a lemonade bottle (in case they got a bit nosy at the nothing to declare channel of the ferry). The bottle was duly put in the drinks cabinet and kind of forgotten about for a while. Then my mom and dad had a few people around for drinks and the cabinet was opened. One of my brothers who was only about five at the time spotted the familiar lemonade bottle and opened it and took a massive swig before exploding in to a coughing fit. It was then realised by the adults present what had happened. Apparently my brother went red faced, laughed a lot, and bounced off the furniture while trying to walk in a straight line.

The nearest I've got to poitin was drinking some home made Hungarian vodka (which is probably the same as poitin at the end of the day) once. I drank it with several friends all of whom are very hard hitters on the alcohol front. The first casualty went down within about 15 minutes with the last only managing about 30 minutes. I found myself lying on the landing of the house with my head drooped over the top step moaning. I could see another friend downstairs lying in the small porch. He was stating to himself the following over and over again - ' I feel safe now, I feel safe now etc etc.