Bowie Tribute

Glastobuddy

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw this interview with Emily on The Guardian. Not a lot of new info but it does mention the other tributes:

This year’s festival will also pay tribute to the many icons the music world has lost in the past 12 months. Footage from David Bowie’s 2000 performance will be screened across the site this year, while the careers of Lemmy and Prince will also be celebrated throughout the weekend. 

“There will be all sorts of things popping up all the time. At the moment we’ve got a few Prince visual tributes and a few late night parties in Block 9 and various other places across the site,” said Eavis. “With Bowie we’re going to put the [Aladdin Sane] flash on the Pyramid stage. Obviously with his relationship with the festival going back so far to 1971, we really wanted to mark it as if it were his stage, because he had such a relationship with Glastonbury. We are also doing a Lemmy tribute on the Other stage which is really good but it has to remain a surprise because if I try to explain what we’re trying to make it look like it wouldn’t sound half as good as it’s going to be!”

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's much more Glass than Bowie though. Do you really want something so beatless at that time on Saturday night?

It's nice music for a Sunday afternoon with a cup of green tea and the papers, but Saturday night?  Not for me, anyway.

A big orchestra playing this with a huge light and laser show. Yes please! 

I'd take any sort of Philip Glass in any sort of format. 

Anyone know what the Dance Bowie Dance thing is on Friday night in Stonebridge?

Is that something that happens every year in there, or something special for a tribute?

I might be up that way for Ezra Furman at Park.

Even if just a DJ playing loads of Bowie i might stick my head in

8 hours ago, internetjef said:

Anyone know what the Dance Bowie Dance thing is on Friday night in Stonebridge?

Is that something that happens every year in there, or something special for a tribute?

I might be up that way for Ezra Furman at Park.

Even if just a DJ playing loads of Bowie i might stick my head in

Join us at Glastonbury 2016 for two hours of Bowie originals, remixes & edits. Fri 24th June, Stonebridge Bar, 6-8pm

Sounds like it might be fun.  It's on my short/long whatever list.

Edited by Beerqueen

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Emily mentioned talking to members of Bowie's old touring band earlier this year. They're now heading out on the road for a few shows (this one on his 70th on Jan 8th)  so maybe Glasto will extend the tributes for one more year. With old mucker Gary Oldman filling in for DB ...

cdb_brixton_announce_1000sq.jpg?itok=yIfP1cC3

Edited by Fingerbobs

1 hour ago, Fingerbobs said:

Emily mentioned talking to members of Bowie's old touring band earlier this year. They're now heading out on the road for a few shows (this one on his 70th on Jan 8th)  so maybe Glasto will extend the tributes for one more year. With old mucker Gary Oldman filling in for DB ...

cdb_brixton_announce_1000sq.jpg?itok=yIfP1cC3

This is more what I was hoping for at Glastonbury, this year. I'd be up for it!

• 4 years later...