Bowie Tribute

Glastobuddy

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

yeah if the licence allows them to show football on the off days why not this gig? 

Was the football played with volume? I don't remember much of it apart from it being very very hot. For some strange reason I went away thinking the game ended 2-0 as well!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

53 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Other people doing Bowie never really works. Organised sing-a-longs are shit, holograms are shit, Lady Gaga was shit, her impression of him was shit, the funk trumpets they used were shit and her clothes and makeup were shit.

They should just show his 2000 gig on the big screens on the Pyramid on Thursday. That would be far from shit.

Last year's ballet was superb.

Oh God are they actually doing this? Hopefully it'll some kind of installation at a smaller stage or area, a bunch of morons who have probably never listened to a Bowie record posing in front of something on the Pyramid to put on twitter or get on the telly is no kind of tribute. Even worse some of today's thrusting young pop stars singing along as part of some musical tribute because their agent says it'll be good exposure. Just rename the Park for a year and dress it up in Bowie-related livery.

1 hour ago, mrtourette said:

Oh God are they actually doing this? Hopefully it'll some kind of installation at a smaller stage or area, a bunch of morons who have probably never listened to a Bowie record posing in front of something on the Pyramid to put on twitter or get on the telly is no kind of tribute. Even worse some of today's thrusting young pop stars singing along as part of some musical tribute because their agent says it'll be good exposure. Just rename the Park for a year and dress it up in Bowie-related livery.

You sound very old and bitter 

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

yeah if the licence allows them to show football on the off days why not this gig?

It depends on whether the council allow it or not. They need to approve any extra volume on the Weds or Thurs.

With Football, one of the main justifications given is to stop people heading off-site to catch the match and swamping the local roads / pubs.

18 minutes ago, incident said:

It depends on whether the council allow it or not. They need to approve any extra volume on the Weds or Thurs.

Does the below mean they can have it at 59dB on the Thursday?

License also states the Pyramid sound testing has to be done on Thursday between 4pm and 8pm so there'll be no Bowie at those times. 

2cyqwcw.jpg

Edited by The Nal

33 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

....unless they use the Bowie gig to test the sound levels!

I've got a vague recollection that they used to pull that scam on the Jazz World Stage - have a band play Thursday as a "sound test". Think the council stamped it out in the end.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Don't think so.. Clause PN4 would certainly rule it out (ie nothing distinct over the general hubbub). I believe there's also a speciifc restriction on sound systems over a certain power output operating outside the core hours (10:00 to 00:30 on fri + sat, 10:00 to 00:00 on sun). Which is why there's nothing larger than Williams Green or a few similar sized venues in the SE Corner operating. Even at reduced volume, the Pyramid could never comply.

Although again, the festival can always apply to have a restriction amended or relaxed, it's just a matter of whether the council see fit.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

License also states the Pyramid sound testing has to be done on Thursday between 4pm and 8pm so there'll be no Bowie at those times. 

2cyqwcw.jpg

I think this is only about sound levels.  Says nothing about whether live or pre-recorded music is allowed on the open air stages.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Don't think so.. Clause PN4 would certainly rule it out (ie nothing distinct over the general hubbub). I believe there's also a speciifc restriction on sound systems over a certain power output operating outside the core hours (10:00 to 00:30 on fri + sat, 10:00 to 00:00 on sun). Which is why there's nothing larger than Williams Green or a few similar sized venues in the SE Corner operating. Even at reduced volume, the Pyramid could never comply.

Although again, the festival can always apply to have a restriction amended or relaxed, it's just a matter of whether the council see fit.

Righto. Well I'm sure they'll do something to get the crowds away from Williams Green on the Thursday. Was chaos there last year. Fucking chaos. Children crying, women running for their lives, martial law enacted, live animal sacrifices on satanic alters, random grenade attacks in longdrop cubicles and so on.

I think this is only about sound levels.  Says nothing about whether live or pre-recorded music is allowed on the open air stages.

Hate reading these fucking things - language is legal dogshit - but its all here. From page 14.

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Righto. Well I'm sure they'll do something to get the crowds away from Williams Green on the Thursday. Was chaos there last year. Fucking chaos. Children crying, women running for their lives, martial law enacted, live animal sacrifices on satanic alters, random grenade attacks in longdrop cubicles and so on.

It's a good job I'm too old to give a shit about the acts normally playing in there.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Hate reading these fucking things - language is legal dogshit - but its all here. From page 14.

Nice one Nal.  I'll give it a read.