The long range weather forecast is here

RossendaleR

The Weather Outlook's 150 day forecast (which incidentally is horrendously inaccurate even a week ahead) now covers Thursday and Friday 28th and 29th July at the time of writing.

http://www.theweatheroutlook.com/twoforecasts/daily-ultra-long-range.aspx?region=3

And it's fantastic news: the sun's mostly out with just a little cloud cover and it's going to be 18 degrees at 6pm on Thursday and 14 at 6am on Friday. Better still, there's going to be a light shower on Sunday 24th and then warm and dry all week. So we get to pitch our tents on dry ground and there will be NO MUD.

So by Friday, we'll have the forecast for all 4 days and theoretically at least, it will gradually become more accurate as the time gets closer.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Don't like yours - mine's sunnier :)

To be fair though yes, it's never stayed totally dry in the 6 years I've been going but after the last two we must be owed a good one this time.

25 minutes ago, RossendaleR said:

Don't like yours - mine's sunnier :)

To be fair though yes, it's never stayed totally dry in the 6 years I've been going but after the last two we must be owed a good one this time.

Fingers crossed Ross :-)

I think your right. I'm still mentally scared from the year before last. A wee improvement on last year would be fine. 

KC will always get muddy I think. Would never leave the wellies no matter what the forecast is.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fingers crossed we have a good one, last year wasnt too bad, the mud was a pain but that's the UK for you. 

For this year I'd offer to make a pact with the devil for sunshine but I still owe him for a bucket of X-Wing & an Octimus Prime when I was 11. 

• 3 weeks later...

After doing download a few weeks ago I really really can't take ridiculous amounts of mud again.  Particularly when we are bringing the kids this year. 

If it is anything like it was at Download I fully expect to be home and showered by Saturday morning - kids won't be able to cope in that kind of condition.

10 hours ago, trebor1892 said:

After doing download a few weeks ago I really really can't take ridiculous amounts of mud again.  Particularly when we are bringing the kids this year. 

If it is anything like it was at Download I fully expect to be home and showered by Saturday morning - kids won't be able to cope in that kind of condition.

Your giving me the weather fear here Trebor. We are due a good one. In 2014 I was in the family camping and most of our neighbours left on the Saturday. We made it till the Sunday....just !

I thought last years weather was ok and we still had the massive mud baths. It`s not a festival to forget the wellies !

1 hour ago, Stretchryan said:

Ain't been before but from what i have been reading no matter what the weather it gets very cold at night? So a few hoddies should be brought i guess??

Aye. Hoodies and wellies. One of these years it will be shorts and trainers :) *

* It won`t !