Download 2017

Hart Attack

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Rubbish. Whilst Blink with Matt sound really decent on the new songs, hearing him sing the older material that Tom used to sing so expertly badly (such as Down and I Miss You) has left me and a lot of other hardcore Blink fans feeling flat. 

I like it. But it isn't the same. 

I should have been seeing them this Sunday in America but that went down the shitter :( 

Sorry,. I'm not talking about there hardcore fans (or even their fans in general) I'm talking about people that dislike blink such as myself. 

Matt skiba joining has definitely made me take notice and skiba singing the old songs is waaaaaaaaaay better. Toms voice is nails on a chalkboard for a LOT of people. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hardcord Blink-182 fan here. Hand on heart can say that when i saw the acoustic show last week Matt sounded 1000x better than Tom. Matt's voice is whiney enough to pull off the songs but not too much so that it can be painful to listen to live at times (like Tom could be). Matt is a great replacement.

Edited by Gozpot

So Blink-182's new album is 'out there'. 

After a couple of listens I think it is a decent record. There's some really great tracks on there. Although I think that it'll be popular with lots of long time fans as it is more 'Blink' than Neighbourhoods was, I don't think it is going to set the world on fire. 

My main criticism of it though is that the vocals are very over produced. I'm also trying to adjust to them without Tom's voice being there but I'm getting there, slowly but surely :P 

Overall though I think that it is the kind of solid album you would expect of a band like Blink at this stage of their career and I'm expecting them to headline Download next year. 

Edited by Andre91

On 26/06/2016 at 9:02 PM, Andre91 said:

So Blink-182's new album is 'out there'. 

After a couple of listens I think it is a decent record. There's some really great tracks on there. Although I think that it'll be popular with lots of long time fans as it is more 'Blink' than Neighbourhoods was, I don't think it is going to set the world on fire. 

My main criticism of it though is that the vocals are very over produced. I'm also trying to adjust to them without Tom's voice being there but I'm getting there, slowly but surely :P 

Overall though I think that it is the kind of solid album you would expect of a band like Blink at this stage of their career and I'm expecting them to headline Download next year. 

I've heard otherwise. I've heard that it's the worse one and it's basically blink going through a mid life crisis. Mind I need to listen to it first and I can't be bothered to download it now so I'll just listen on Friday.

1. Why on earth do people still reply to Black Crow? He is a forum troll. They post lies on forums and feed off people responding to them. Baffles me how people still don't get this and still reply to him shouting that he's wrong (he knows he's wrong!).

2. Jesus christ Gazza is going to be just as fucking unbearable about this loyalty scheme as his 'cheaper R&L day tickets means weak subs' and 'Foals aren't an R&L headliner despite the fact they're headlining R&L this year' episodes, isn't he?

Edited by Will-2609