Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/28/2016 at 0:01 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I'm pretty certain Parkway Drive will be that high up next time, they were 4th in 2015 & they've only grown in popularity since. 

You maybe right about Within Temptation & YMA6, but I could see the latter headlining second rather than subbing the mainstage simply because they're a safe alternative to something older/heavier on the main. 

Nah, Parkway played 5th down in 2015, and have they really gotten big enough to play 3rd? 4th would be fine TBF. 

That's a fair point about YMA6, though I suppose it depends who's playing, I think YMA6 into Bring Me, if they're both playing next year, would be a good idea with Bring me headlining, some cross over in fanbase, and they have guest appearances on each other songs IIRC right?

17 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Are we sure that BMTH will still be around by the time DL 2017 rolls around btw? I'm not so sure they'll even be playing it, let alone headlining it. Guns N Roses, Metallica and System of a Down is my guess.

15 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah it'd be the third year of them touring That's The Spirit so it'd be weird if they're still playing festivals. Their time to headline Download was this year. More likely to headline with a new album in 2018/9 than on the arse end of this tour you'd think

That's why I think they'll end up a RnL next year, finish touring near the start of summer 2017, get into the studio to record a new album, get a couple of singles out before headlining RnL at the end of summer, album out October ish, headline Download 2018. But who knows

12 hours ago, KingPin said:

That's why I think they'll end up a RnL next year, finish touring near the start of summer 2017, get into the studio to record a new album, get a couple of singles out before headlining RnL at the end of summer, album out October ish, headline Download 2018. But who knows

What about an album in full? Suicide season, there is a hell or even sempiternal would be very good in my opinion for them. Strengthens their headline spot with something more special, and their older stuff is more suited to a download crowd

5 hours ago, losing44 said:

What about an album in full? Suicide season, there is a hell or even sempiternal would be very good in my opinion for them. Strengthens their headline spot with something more special, and their older stuff is more suited to a download crowd

Hardly classic albums worth playing in full are they? Besides, they willve reached headliner level off the back of their new more radio friendly sound so playing an album in full that sounds nothing like their current sound would be odd. Think they'll do no UK fests next year (maybe a smaller one) and return to headline Download in 2018

• 5 weeks later...
On 04/04/2016 at 1:08 AM, Gozpot said:

Wondering how likely The Smashing Pumpkins would be as a booking. They're doing an acoustic tour in America this August, so they're probably gearing up to do some proper shows next year, I think it'd be a great booking as a sub-headliner.

Think it be pretty good sub under someone like biffy clyro 

Also make it billy, Jimmy, James as they've played together first time in 16 yrs. 

You need to look at touring cycles, bands who are doing May/June festivals this Summer, are less likely to do them next Summer and bands who doing the later festivals will more than likely be on the radar for Download etc. Unless they did them the year before.

Those 3 headliners aren't going to happen.

On 06/04/2016 at 9:30 AM, Black_Crow said:

You need to look at touring cycles, bands who are doing May/June festivals this Summer, are less likely to do them next Summer and bands who doing the later festivals will more than likely be on the radar for Download etc. Unless they did them the year before.

Those 3 headliners aren't going to happen.

Metallica aren't touring this summer and last time they did they did late festivals (e.g. Reading), completely possible they could do Download. Plus let's be honest, they're due back, will have been 5 years next year. Bring Me will be almost certain if they have another album out in time. Guns N Roses haven't got a single european date lined up, why could they not do early festivals? All 3 can easily happen and i expect at least 1 of them to, if not more.

2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Metallica aren't touring this summer and last time they did they did late festivals (e.g. Reading), completely possible they could do Download. Plus let's be honest, they're due back, will have been 5 years next year. Bring Me will be almost certain if they have another album out in time. Guns N Roses haven't got a single european date lined up, why could they not do early festivals? All 3 can easily happen and i expect at least 1 of them to, if not more.

I'm not saying they can't do early festivals. You're missing the point I'm making.

Bring Me The Horizon are far from being certainties and who's to say they would headline. Download 2014. Reading/ Leeds 2015. Radio1 Big Weekend, Glastonbury, Full scale Arena tour 2016. They might play a few dates, but I'm not expecting them to hit festivals next year.

Guns N' Roses haven't announced any Euro shows, you're right. How does that equate to them doing festivals next year? They're doing a festival exclusive at Coachella with Las Vegas shows. Who's to say they will even hit Europe at all and if they do, I fully expect them to do one off stadium shows.

Metallica will more than likely do their own tour to promote the new album.

As I said previously, the only rumour I have heard in regards to Download is Avenged Sevenfold, it's far too early to start speculating either way as most headliners aren't booked until Xmas time.

Guns N Roses and Metallica are both good bets (Guns N Roses will almost definitely be touring over here and Metallica should hopefully be releasing their new album/touring) but it's very doubtful Bring Me The Horizon will have another album out by then and i doubt they'll do a festival at the arse end of their current tour - more likely for the following year when they have a new album released and are just starting up touring again (if they do start up that soon)

5 hours ago, Black_Crow said:

As I said previously, the only rumour I have heard in regards to Download is Avenged Sevenfold, it's far too early to start speculating either way as most headliners aren't booked until Xmas time.

You do know that headliners are announced around October and November right? So do they announce some headliners then hope they'll say yes or do they book them a year and half in advance? Well the former is impossible and the way you worded it seems to suggest that it isn't the later either. Can you please explain this to me with your "insider knowledge"

Edited by justanothername

6 hours ago, justanothername said:

You do know that headliners are announced around October and November right? So do they announce some headliners then hope they'll say yes or do they book them a year and half in advance? Well the former is impossible and the way you worded it seems to suggest that it isn't the later either. Can you please explain this to me with your "insider knowledge"

It must have been Xmas when Soni tried to book headliners and then realised there was no one to headline!! 

9 hours ago, justanothername said:

No one is booked 18 months in advance. That's around the time when feelers go out. Bands will either say yes they are touring, they're not sure or they have no plans to tour. Touring plans change all the time, so it's next to impossible to book that far in advance, sometimes it happens for example Black Sabbath were said to have been booked at the previous year's event, but Rammstein were a no go until very close to announcing time, when they did a U-turn and decided to tour afterall.

Xmas is the cut off time, if bands aren't interested by then, then it's hard for festivals to get a lineup together. That's the main selling period for tickets.

Download announced early this year, but that isn't always the case.

14 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Every rumour I've seen you post has never been correct so I think I'm going to stick to my own opinion on this one

You obviously haven't looked hard enough. I've got plenty correct.

Luckysalt will tell you, you will hear many rumours, it's all about deciphering the more solid one's.

Edited by Black_Crow

9 hours ago, Black_Crow said:

You obviously haven't looked hard enough. I've got plenty correct.

Luckysalt will tell you, you will hear many rumours, it's all about deciphering the more solid one's.

You are so full of shit.