Hart Attack

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Pretty sure Black Crow called System, Aerosmith and Avenged way before anyone on here started thinking it would be them. 

Had Avenged confirmed way before that, but the other 2 were completely different. It's not announced until it's announced, let's not suffer from premature congratulations.   :)

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Pretty sure Black Crow called System, Aerosmith and Avenged way before anyone on here started thinking it would be them. 

He may have called A7X before others too. I'm not even saying he has official sources or anything and it's not just a lucky guess but I wouldn't at this point suggest anything else. 

I didn't know of Aerosmith doing anything next year and with his record dismissed it, after Zegut mentioned them it was kind of hard to. I'm hoping they are Friday and not Sunday so I can go without taking the day off work..

System and Aerosmith, I'd be ridiculously surprised if it wasn't those two. On those merits, it's a strong pair of headliners - they just need to avoid the trick of booking A7X or LP to conjure up 2014 deja vu. Or Leppard either, since they matched System in '11.

Perfect world, this would be GNR or Depeche Mode or Green Day or something. But it'll end up being A7X, which is just too... soon. Old. Cliched. Stale.

10 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

System and Aerosmith, I'd be ridiculously surprised if it wasn't those two. On those merits, it's a strong pair of headliners - they just need to avoid the trick of booking A7X or LP to conjure up 2014 deja vu. Or Leppard either, since they matched System in '11.

Perfect world, this would be GNR or Depeche Mode or Green Day or something. But it'll end up being A7X, which is just too... soon. Old. Cliched. Stale.

And it tells you something here about what BST can offer I think as I don't believe Aerosmith and SOAD would break the bank....they got AC/DC, RATM and Aerosmith in 2010 after all. GNR were going to do BST too which adds everything to that. BST is only a single day so they book an act for that day, they aren't booking a really strong act one day having a sell out but needing weekend tickets to do well too, whereas BST have had sellout success with TRS, TS, SW and I don't think FATM did badly as they didn't go cheap. I don't actually know if anything BST this year bar MA went for cheap, maybe a couple of 2 for 1's?, I didn't follow too much as wasn't interested. 

3 minutes ago, scrubbertheman said:

New Deep Purple album in spring. If he put them as second stage headliners on the A7X night, a good spread of illwishers would be satisfied. 

My mate went to see DP last year in Germany.  Said they were absolutely awful and Gillan's voice was shot .

Still hoping when we eventually get an announcement it's not aerosmith and A7.  

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

And it tells you something here about what BST can offer I think as I don't believe Aerosmith and SOAD would break the bank....they got AC/DC, RATM and Aerosmith in 2010 after all. GNR were going to do BST too which adds everything to that. BST is only a single day so they book an act for that day, they aren't booking a really strong act one day having a sell out but needing weekend tickets to do well too, whereas BST have had sellout success with TRS, TS, SW and I don't think FATM did badly as they didn't go cheap. I don't actually know if anything BST this year bar MA went for cheap, maybe a couple of 2 for 1's?, I didn't follow too much as wasn't interested. 

BST is a curious one... a lot of their shows don't sell as well as they should, though I do wonder how much they fork out... 

58 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

BST is a curious one... a lot of their shows don't sell as well as they should, though I do wonder how much they fork out... 

End of the day I don't think it would matter to GD for example to play BST, IOW or Download....Bar the offer.

A lot of people also don't like Hyde Park but I have to admit the sound for Blur BST was much better.

For BST to be an option this year at least instead of Download, as he wouldn't have been bothered about not getting Maiden or Rammstein I imagine if he got them, must indicate how much they can afford...and Download is backed by LN.

8 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

End of the day I don't think it would matter to GD for example to play BST, IOW or Download....Bar the offer.

A lot of people also don't like Hyde Park but I have to admit the sound for Blur BST was much better.

For BST to be an option this year at least instead of Download, as he wouldn't have been bothered about not getting Maiden or Rammstein I imagine if he got them, must indicate how much they can afford...and Download is backed by LN.

Yeah, I reckon download has the cash to splash...  but they still need to snare some new blood. 

If Rammstein, Maiden and Sabbath hadn't played in the last four years, that's an insane booking. 

But it looks a bit repetitive otherwise 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Alter Bridge seemingly self confirmed on Twitter tonight. Someone asked them, "Download Festival next year?" and Alter Bridge replied, "yes for sure!" They then seemed to backtrack by saying, "nothing confirmed but it's on our wishlist." 

Expecting them anyway. 

To me that seems like they are booked and didn't realise nothing had been announced yet. It'd be surprising if they weren't booked.

Could Evanescence play? Amy Lee confirmed there's definitely a future for the band and they're touring in the US right now. Haven't played in the UK since 2012 and not at Download for a decade. 

Guns N' Roses / Misfits / Limp Bizkit
Steel Panther

System of a Down / Prophets of Rage / Stone Sour
Rancid 

Aerosmith / Alter Bridge / Enter Shikari
Evanescence

Edited by JSmurphy
it is 01:28

7 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Could Evanescence play? Amy Lee confirmed there's definitely a future for the band and they're touring in the US right now. Haven't played in the UK since 2012 and not at Download for a decade. 

Guns N' Roses / Misfits / Limp Bizkit
Steel Panther

System of a Down / Prophets of Rage / Stone Sour
Rancid 

Aerosmith / Alter Bridge / Enter Shikari
Evanescence

Misfits ain't happening, man. Danzig has split. And I don't think Shikari will be about; they said ok Twitter that their BMTH show is the final show of 2016 before they go away for a long while. 

36 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Where have you heard/seen this? Sub spot is calling, if so!

Probably correct although where else could they play now that would stop them being an exclusive?, Glasto again I guess but their last tour makes 2000 Trees to small, they are too big for Slam Dunk...if they even fit in there. Below BMTH though works perfect tbh.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Where have you heard/seen this? Sub spot is calling, if so!

I know the festival has a lot of history with Enter Shikari but sub spot is surely too high? They couldn't even sell out one night at Ally Pally, I'd expect them to NME headline opposite someone more mainstream rock like Kasabian.

Edited by Gozpot

32 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

I know the festival has a lot of history with Enter Shikari but sub spot is surely too high? They couldn't even sell out one night at Ally Pally, I'd expect them to NME headline opposite someone more mainstream rock like Kasabian.

Nah, I think Shikari in 2017 justify a sub slot. They've got such a rich history with the festival and are a massively popular band in this country. Tag it as a European festival exclusive and that'll sweeten it. They will absolutely deserve it too. One of the hardest working and most forward thinking bands around. Subbing BMTH would be a good call and would sell day tickets, I'm sure.