Download 2017

Hart Attack

Yes as Mark said, it was arranged for Metallica at Reading to keep them away from Soni. Live Nation as a group work their fests as a group thing to keep competitors at bay. Have you not noticed how V and Reading are no longer as aggressive in their bookings towards each other since Live Nation got hold of V. They know what they're doing. I also know what im talking about and BMTH were NEVER going to headlining download this year, wasn't even thought about. AT ALL.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Yes as Mark said, it was arranged for Metallica at Reading to keep them away from Soni. Live Nation as a group work their fests as a group thing to keep competitors at bay. Have you not noticed how V and Reading are no longer as aggressive in their bookings towards each other since Live Nation got hold of V. They know what they're doing. I also know what im talking about and BMTH were NEVER going to headlining download this year, wasn't even thought about. AT ALL.

Do you happen to know what band was originally supposed to be booked for DL this year but fell through? 

33 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

All the time I said that, everyone was like yes they are!

9 minutes ago, Paris said:

Do you happen to know what band was originally supposed to be booked for DL this year but fell through? 

Yarse!

Bring Me The Horizon
Enter Shikari
Limp Bizkit 
Jimmy Eat World 
Fear Factory
Moose Blood

A Perfect Circle 
Steel Panther 
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Ghost

Tool
Marilyn Manson
Rob Zombie
Gogol Bordello 
Gojira
Code Orange

Royal Blood
Mastodon 
Parkway Drive

Letlive.

System Of A Down 
Alice Cooper 
Slayer
Sepultura
La Dispute
Creeper 

Pendulum 
The Hives
Crossfaith

Turnstile

Just some wishful thinking for me, but what bands would everyone else be eager to see there next year?

I'd love Tool to headline but I can't see it happening next year. I imagine it'll be something along the lines of:

Bring Me The Horizon 

Enter Shikari 

Limp Bizkit 

Lamb of God 

Second Stage:

Slayer 

Guns n' Roses 

Thirty Seconds to Mars 

Dream Theater 

Thunder

Second Stage: 

You Me at Six 

System of a Down 

Pendulum 

Parkway Drive 

Trivium 

Second Stage:

Within Temptation 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Steel Panther will sub main stage. Seen the size of their tour going on sale tomorrow? Outrageous.

Oh I forgot about them, you're probably right, Andy has always had a boner for them. 

They're an awful joke long past its sell by date, how they've become so popular baffles me. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I think Steel Panther will sub main stage. Seen the size of their tour going on sale tomorrow? Outrageous.

Size? UK tour of 4 dates in England and Cardiff. Scandalous. I like them but not enough to travel for a whole day each way. It almost makes me want a tour to flop when they do so few venues.

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I meant the size of the venues. I wouldn't call it an outrage if they were doing every dog & duck on the isles. :P

I doubt they'll sell out but I suspect that standing at least will. They are more popular than you think.

1 hour ago, Black_Crow said:

Rumour I heard was that Avenged Sevenfold are headlining.

Metallica aren't doing festivals.

Would your sauce be the one that told you that the big 4 were playing Soni this year, the line up was being announced soon and nobody would be disappointed?

It's going to be BMTH, GnR and Metallica. If Metallica aren't available then it's SOAD like it was going to be this year. I'd love A7x back but the festival will struggle with both them and BMTH heading in the same year.

3 hours ago, devilman said:

Would your sauce be the one that told you that the big 4 were playing Soni this year, the line up was being announced soon and nobody would be disappointed?

It's going to be BMTH, GnR and Metallica. If Metallica aren't available then it's SOAD like it was going to be this year. I'd love A7x back but the festival will struggle with both them and BMTH heading in the same year.

I never said the big 4 were playing. I did say no one would be disappointed, based on what I was told, no one would have been. :P but that obviously didn't happen.

Why is it going to be those 3 bands in particular? SOAD this year! are you sure about that?

21 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I'd love Tool to headline but I can't see it happening next year. I imagine it'll be something along the lines of:

Bring Me The Horizon 

Enter Shikari 

Limp Bizkit 

Lamb of God 

Second Stage:

Slayer 

Guns n' Roses 

Thirty Seconds to Mars 

Dream Theater 

Thunder

Second Stage: 

You Me at Six 

System of a Down 

Pendulum 

Parkway Drive 

Trivium 

Second Stage:

Within Temptation 

Surely Within Temptation and YM@6 are too big to headling second now? Within Temptation played 3rd last time and soon after they got some serious R1 play and have since sold out Wembley, and are certainly bigger than Nightwish in this country, and NW are subbing this year, and YM@6 have a successful arena tour behind them, and will likely have a new album next year. I'd expect both to sub next time they play. Also doubt PWD and Trivium will play that high up.

On 26 February 2016 at 6:53 PM, KingPin said:

Surely Within Temptation and YM@6 are too big to headling second now? Within Temptation played 3rd last time and soon after they got some serious R1 play and have since sold out Wembley, and are certainly bigger than Nightwish in this country, and NW are subbing this year, and YM@6 have a successful arena tour behind them, and will likely have a new album next year. I'd expect both to sub next time they play. Also doubt PWD and Trivium will play that high up.

I'm pretty certain Parkway Drive will be that high up next time, they were 4th in 2015 & they've only grown in popularity since. 

You maybe right about Within Temptation & YMA6, but I could see the latter headlining second rather than subbing the mainstage simply because they're a safe alternative to something older/heavier on the main. 

On 26 February 2016 at 6:36 PM, Black_Crow said:

I never said the big 4 were playing. I did say no one would be disappointed, based on what I was told, no one would have been. :P but that obviously didn't happen.

Why is it going to be those 3 bands in particular? SOAD this year! are you sure about that?

You said it was the big 4 in as much as you say anything. Make it ambiguous so it looks like you are in the know but can wriggle out when you are exposed to be the full of shit chancer that we know you are.

The Metallica/SOAD place is an educated guess and yes I'm sure they were in the frame before Rammstein.

2 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Are we sure that BMTH will still be around by the time DL 2017 rolls around btw? I'm not so sure they'll even be playing it, let alone headlining it. Guns N Roses, Metallica and System of a Down is my guess.

Yeah it'd be the third year of them touring That's The Spirit so it'd be weird if they're still playing festivals. Their time to headline Download was this year. More likely to headline with a new album in 2018/9 than on the arse end of this tour you'd think

Edited by FloorFiller